Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Authors Ask That Their Work Be Removed From Flashing Swords #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authors Ask That Their Work Be Removed From Flashing Swords #6

Authors Ask That Their Work Be Removed From Flashing Swords #6

... the first part of the novel The Incorporated Knight by L. Sprague de Camp, two Elric of Melniboné stories by Michael Moorcock and many more.

More...

How very meta. Villains always think they are in the right...

Comment

So good to see Charles R. Rutledge taking a principled stand against some pretty major editorial sins!

I still have a hardback edition of his novel Blind Shadows ( co- authored with James A. Moore ) in my old book collection - actually sitting by my side as i type this.
      Hoping that he would make his presence felt here soon and if he should be reading this : Cheers and more strength to your arm!
      🙂
      Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Dear all,

It's not often that I'm rendered speechless...

Best,

John.

Comment

So many thoughts... My first thought was “ this is disturbing and ridiculous, let alone as an introduction for a book,” and then I thought of the people who could have their reputations attached to such editorial garbage. Some of those people could certainly use extra eyes on their work. I hope they get more good publicity for withdrawing their work than they ever would have gotten from it being included with that mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
            So many thoughts... My first thought was “ this is disturbing and ridiculous, let alone as an introduction for a book,”
            Not so very surprising,however: i'm so reminded of the twelve years i spent before getting into University.

Yes - the...ahem : best days of my life...school years where my day was never complete without at least one death threat or attempted sucker-punch attack - incoming!

Sorry for that outburst but the truth is that those wonderful Alpha Males ( those who survive both the hardships of life and each other) usually do quite well in the rat race pecking order. They don't often become writers though, they tend go on joining the ranks of the military, the police force ... Lawyers ... or Real Estate Agents.

Later; Once again, a bit more nuance here:

Not all Alpha Males are thugs or even intellectual bullies.
            Conversely, in every conceivable grouping of humans there will be some bad eggs indeed and this is true for those who have already taken sides in the now decades old culture wars as well. Those wishing to fight for any cause need to know who their allies and friends are.

K
            Last edited by Kymba334; 08-03-2020, 04:06 AM.
            Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post

Not so very surprising,however: i'm so reminded of the twelve years i spent before getting into University.

Yes - the...ahem : best days of my life...school years where my day was never complete without at least one death threat or attempted sucker-punch attack - incoming!

K
              [/FONT]
              Sorry you had to go through that. You couldn’t pay me to be an adolescent again.

But to your point, I guess this is pretty predictable. Misogyny starts early and gets reinforced and rewarded
              far too often. Maybe as a society we’ve started being honest about that, and it’s not a good look. That makes calling out idiots a little easier.

Comment

Working...
              X