Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Show a pic of your Michael Moorcock book collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show a pic of your Michael Moorcock book collection

Here's a panoramic shot of my Michael Moorcock books only.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/XuVuyn69NJpSe6hM9

Let's see what you got! :)

fetch?photoid=427074.jpg
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

zlogdan , seeing those White Wolf omnibuses makes me sad. I once had nearly the entire 15 volume set in both Trade Cloth and Trade Paper but during a desperate time had to sell them at the local used book store for a fraction of their collector's value so I could pay the electric bill. Some day I hope to track them down and re-acquire the lot but it will have to wait until I am allowed space of my own again at home (most of my library is in storage at the moment).
      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Sorry to hear that EverKing. I hope you are able to re-acquire them again someday and re-establish your library.

Great looking collections guys! Here is what I currently have at the moment...

DSCN9508.JPG
        DSCN9509.JPG
        DSCN9510.JPG
        DSCN9512.JPG
        DSCN9513.JPG
        "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
        'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

Nice collections there all. Thanks for posting.
          Several in those collections I'd like to acquire at some stage.

I have moved several times over the years too, so have sadly lost many books over the years.
          I'm working towards getting more MM books (and others of course).

Comment

Originally posted by EverKing View Post
            zlogdan , seeing those White Wolf omnibuses makes me sad. I once had nearly the entire 15 volume set in both Trade Cloth and Trade Paper but during a desperate time had to sell them at the local used book store for a fraction of their collector's value so I could pay the electric bill. Some day I hope to track them down and re-acquire the lot but it will have to wait until I am allowed space of my own again at home (most of my library is in storage at the moment).
            I know the feeling EverKing :-(. And that is a sad thing and I hope you can get the precious MM's books back. I once had a cd, lp collection, a Washburn guitar and effects, comic books collection and among them, the whole 76s Sandman issues whose revenues of selling them were used for buying foods or things. A few years later I was in a better situation so I bought many comics again. I don't have space at the apartment for a bookshelf so I do understand you. I do hope you can get the books back. Right now with the digital "revolution", it seems people are giving away real books in favor of the ebooks. I am reading ebooks myself for two reasons:

- English is not my native tongue so I rely on the dictionary
            - 90% of what I want to read is never published in Portuguese
            - price
            - space

I live in a 70 square meters apartment. This is where I store my books and comics

fetch?photoid=427071.jpgfetch?photoid=427073.jpg

"From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
            "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Working...
            X