Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Warhound and the World's Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This print, "The Knight, Death and the Devil", from Albrecht Durer has for me some of the atmosphere of WHWP:

\"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Nice picture ......

Just finished the dreamthhief daughter .........

concludes the Von Beck saga but a little short ? after finishing the book, i am still hungry for something ..........

Comment

This book is a particular favorite of mine.

Comment

This is the very first EC story that I ever read, and quite inspirational it was to! In fact, it led to a cohesion of stories that my cousin and I had come up with a few years back, as well as the inclusion of parts of the EC mythos into our own story-universe (from which have sprung, so far, 3 home-made films set on the world of Tu-Vella-Thaa - not that they've been distributed or anything, as they're more a private bit of fun, although I'd love to be able to upload them online! ).
          Amid Chaos, Order arises; but even in Order there is Chaos.

Understands now that Corum did have a happy ending after all!

Comment

Working...
          X