Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Eternal Champion Incarnation Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eternal Champion Incarnation Poll

Vote for your favorite Incarnation here!!! Feel free to explain why in a post.

Thanos

P.S. Yeah there is another thread for this... but I decided to just make it into a friggen pole. Sue me :P

I'm afraid I have to vote Jerry for style. Also he has a sort of pathetic infantile quality that I find strangely endearing. Not to mention, I always feel a certain sympathy for the 'fool'.

Comment

What about that Dorian Hawkmoon fellow? Is he one of the eternal champions?

The Eternal Champion reminds me of Dr Who because there were episodes where different doctors would meet up and go on adventures.

There is a cosmological theory of multiple universes that I read about on another posting list. In this case there would be multiple eternal champions for all of us.

It could be that through the creative process Michael Moorcock tapped into other universes where these kind of fantastic things could actually take place.

We too might have psychological doubles running around in weird universes. Let's hope we don't end up with their extravagent credit card bills.
      :-) flamingo

Comment

Jherek is not a Champion I am sure! Or I'm a phonebooth!
        And, can we win anything in this poll, a ride in Bastable's "lighter-than-air" blimp, maybe? After all the odds aren't bad, we're less than 300 registered members so far!
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Bush cash linked to death hospitals

Ed Vulliamy in New York
          Sunday December 17, 2000
          The Observer

America's President-elect, George W. Bush, held an investment in a company that leased a chain of psychiatric hospitals where patients died and the conditions were so appalling that many were shut down, The Observer reveals today.

Source: Guardian Unlimited
          URL: http://www.guardian.co.uk/US_electio...412408,00.html
          Perhaps a bit of clubbing later?

Originally posted by Omaru
          I'm afraid I have to vote Jerry for style. Also he has a sort of pathetic infantile quality that I find strangely endearing. Not to mention, I always feel a certain sympathy for the 'fool'.
          "Jerry Cornelius was based, for instance, on a young man I used to see around Notting Hill where there was also a greengrocer called Cornelius of London."

--Michael Moorcock

Comment

Its just gotta be Jerry Cornelius, allways dug his style.
            As well as the style of the books.
            MEEP !

Comment

..Elric, everyday of the week!

Comment

I am voting for Erekose. I guess I'm one of the people that proves the rule true. Dragon in the Sword was the first book I read of Mr M.

What makes it stick out is a rant/soliloquy made by Erekose when he compares the blood that he is drowning in with all of the people he has killed in the past. After this I was hooked on Mr M's writing. It was also a great book to introduce a new reader to the idea of the EC.

I'm a bit confused though with the Von Bek character in the story - I didn't know it at the time that he was meant to be an incarnation of the EC. Was he meant to be an EC in this story? He didn't give me an impression that he was.

Comment

Hawkmoon

Yeah Hawkmoon is one and there are a lot more. But there are limited poll answers available... I couldn't put anymore. I was going to list some of themore obscure incarnations too like The Fireclown. But alas... no room.

Thanos

P.S. In which story are you confused about Von Bek? There have been multiple stories inwhich multiple incarnations play are role, sometimes their roles are rather minor.

Comment

:twisted: What about max silverskin pretty cool and not so traumatized.

Comment

I like Daker. He is the one I most relate to. Just a guy.
                      When they had advanced together to meet on common
                      ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                      and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                      each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                      mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                      killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Though it may seem like the popular choice for a Moorcock fan I had to vote for Elric. His doomed attempt at trying to save his crumbling world in the book Stormbringer still resonates in my mind, and Stormbringer remains to this day one of my favourite books. It was probably the first of Mike's books that I read.

If I had a second and third choice it would be Jerek and VonBek.

Comment

Has to be Elric, from the first Michael Moorcock book that I read. I find his character far more compelling than the other incarnations of the Eternal Champion I have so far come across. Close, in second and third place would have to be Corum and Erokese.

Comment

Elric was the first I read when i was a teen. Now look at me, dress in black, dark and brooding. If I had only read Von Bek first... well I guess I'd look weird from wearing hats inconsistent with the century I'm living in. (He wears hats doesn't he?)

--Jer
                            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Hey, maybe if I had read Von Bek first, I would have a thing for guys in... inconsistent hats. But no... I always fall for the pale ones... *grins* Though, strangely enough, I do like saying 'hat'.

Hat hat hat hat hat....!

*Runs away, saying 'hat' to herself*

Comment

Working...
                              X