Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric - The Return To Melnibone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric - The Return To Melnibone

Just got hold of this beautiful book from Jayde Design - this is the reprint edition they did themselves. Last time I enquired about it before ordering, John said it was in short supply. Not sure what the current status is, but if anyone wants a copy they ought to get in there quick...
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

The work is stunning, I think.

Is everything in purple, like in the Unicorn Bookshop printing?

Comment

The reprint is in black and white, but I'm sure it's no less stunning because of that. :)
      'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

mmm, I for one really want to find an original...the purple color adds to the otherwordliness of druillet's work methinks.
        B&W is another atmosphere.

Comment

Thanks, Aral!

For what it's worth, mordenkainen, I have one of the originals and I may buy one of Jayde's reprints for the extra material. The extra material may be worth the trade off of purple ink.

Hmm... One of the bad things about collecting work from a prolific author whose material is perpetually updated and reprinted--always something new... :? :)

Comment

extra material?

damn.

Comment

As I remember (and I don't always remember well :D ), the Jayde Design edition has extra material on the copyright difficulties the original edition faced.

I am quite ready to be wrong, though.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, Aral. I've just ordered a copy.

Comment

Just got this today. The story is short and bittersweet, a nice bit of insight into what happens much later.

And yes...the artwork is stunning...but now...now I'm blushing...

das

Comment

Yeah, it`s not for the kiddies.
                    Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 08-21-2009, 10:19 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote
                    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
                    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

I think it was the gargoyles and carvings that I wasn't expecting... ...lol. And though they may not have been representative of Elric, it still makes me look at the pale feller in an entirely different way now.

das
                      Last edited by Governor of Rowe Island; 08-21-2009, 10:18 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote

Comment

Working...
                      X