Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Lack of news on TWWS (hey, Aral!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of news on TWWS (hey, Aral!)

Hey, Aral, have you still got your google news alert running on Mike? I have had nothing since the one I posted a link to in Q&A.
    I know it's only been released in the US but surely the final EC story would have been mentioned by somebody! Where are the reviews?
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Hi Guv, sorry for not replying. Haven't been so active on the net the last few days and have only just spotted this. Yes I still have the google alert going and you're right, there doesn't seem to be much news on the book up to now. Maybe things will pick up shortly?

Take it you saw the alert about the Stoker awards?
    'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Archie Mercer to Mike (Burroughsania letters page, 1957)

Comment

Yeah! Congratulations, Mike.
      Did you wanna post it or shall I? :)
      You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Feel free...
        'You know, I can't keep up with you. If I hadn't met you in person, I quite honestly would NOT believe you really existed. I just COULDN'T. You do so MUCH... if half of what goes into your zines is to be believed, you've read more at the age of 17 than I have at the age of 32 - LOTS more'

Comment

Alright, then. :oops:

[broken link]here
          Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aral Vilsn
            Take it you saw the alert about the Stoker awards?
            Hey! Don't miss Mike's comments about this [broken link]in this thread which was posted back in April when the news first hit.
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:24 AM.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

We've mentioned the book on the front page:

[broken link]]

I updated this article today with some comments by Mike from the Q&A Archive.
              Last edited by Rothgo; 04-09-2010, 11:24 AM.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Nice Berry, thanks. It would be good to see some online reviews from elsewhere as well. I guess the book has only been out a couple of weeks and it will take time for them to appear.

Comment

Thanks, Berry. I was referring to the general lack of reviews from Locus, SF Crowsnest, Guardian (after all he does write for them!), etc.
                  This is the first time I've got a book before at least one in depth review has been out, I think. It will be good to read some, having read the book.

Comment

Working...
                  X