Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

What has Michael Moorcock books taught you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has Michael Moorcock books taught you

:mrgreen: What have Michael Moorcock books taught you. I have learned Albinos dont tan, you can write fantasy without doing it like a ancient book, and a writer can have many writing styles and books.

The main thing I learned from the books (I have read most fictional books of Michael Moorcock) is not to believe everything you see and judge quickly upon first impression.

The second is rather more substancial.The books made me want to learn to draw .So I went and learned it. :D

Comment

i don't think that i learnt a single thing?

Comment

They taught me to be rational instead of just following predeterminated rules. That Law and Chaos is the same (the two sides of a coin), and that peace (harmony) sometimes can be achieved if you work for it.
        \\

Comment

I also have learned a lot about drugs and things.I keep thinking that certain things are a drug referance in things. 8)

Comment

I think that the books were the first that I read where I actually had to look up the meanings of some of the words. Insouciant is such a great word, as is usurper. A small thing, I know. :roll:

Comment

I've learned that, with a character like Jerry Cornelius, its really easy to annoy those Hobbitophiles who think they own fantasy.

Comment

Don't trust pale men who wield rather large black swords.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
                  Don't trust pale men who wield rather large black swords.
                  :lol: Very true. Or rather; Don't trust large black swords.

Comment

...that endless reading at 3am, by candlelight, really does effect your eyesight. Now...where's that bloody Labrador...

Comment

I've learned to beware messiahs, that individual identity is a tenuous thing beset on all sides by adversaries mortal and cosmic, knowing and unknowing, and I've learned that friends can be found in unexpected places.

Comment

hmm. i had written down the dream thieves code somewhere. lol

Comment

Iآ´ve learned that you must always seek the balance; Chaos and Order, not just Good and Evil. I donآ´t know if I can achieve that balance, the questآ´s the only thing that matters meanwhile. :arrow:

Comment

I've learned many things, mostly about my self. Predominantly, though, I learned to think with my own mind instead of the mind instructors and a conservative community tried to press on me. I've learned that ideas of a clear cut "Good" and "Evil" are ambiguous at best. I no longer assume the first side I hear is acurate, instead I keep my mind open until I know all sides as best I can.

I guess you can say that Moorcock taught me to be ME, instead of everyone else.

Thanks!

Comment

His books taught me to keep on reading. I picked up Weird of the White Wolf when I was in 2nd grade and have never stopped (I'm 36 now).

If you look at this post, Thanks M.M.
                              When they had advanced together to meet on common
                              ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                              and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                              each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                              mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                              killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Working...
                              X