Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Favorite Michael Moorcock Dedication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papi
    replied
    Hello from France

On a french book, "Le cycle d'Elric" a present for a best friend of mine, Michael signing : Merci Nicolas.
    Nicolas is the personn which I discovered Stormbringer and, after, Moorcock's multivers.

I think it is my favorite dedication.

Leave a comment:

• opaloka
    replied
    "An Alien Heat' was the first Moorcock book I read and that dedication was also the first time I'd heard of Hawkwind. I liked the book so much I bought the only Hawkwind album for sale anywhere in a metro of a million people, without even hearing it. I'm still a fan. Thanks, Mike!

Leave a comment:

• David Mosley
    replied
    For easy reference, there's a List of Dedications in the Wikiverse that I wrote up some time ago but it's fairly up to date (as far as Modem Times 2.0 at least).

My favourite is probably The Steel Tsar's original dedication - "To my creditors, who remain a permanent source of inspiration" - but I also like The White Wolf's Son's dedication:

Leave a comment:

• Jack Of Shadows
    started a topic Favorite Michael Moorcock Dedication

Favorite Michael Moorcock Dedication

What's everyone's favorite dedication at the beginning of one of Mike's books? I was perusing my collection the other day and mine is the one in An Alien Heat...

"For Nik Turner, Dave Brock, Bob Calvert, DikMik, Del Dettmar, Terry Ollis, Simon King and Lemmy of Hawkwind"

Makes me smile that he dedicated a book to his friends from Hawkwind!
Working...
X