Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Portuguese-speaking fans, rejoice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portuguese-speaking fans, rejoice!

The Portuguese-language translation of _Elric of Melnibonأ©_ (as _Elric: Prأ­ncipe dos Dragأµes_) is finally coming out next March 10 from Saأ­da de Emergأ?ncia. It'll feature an introduction by Michael Moorcock himself and possibly Neil Gaiman's homage story from the White Wolf antho.

Here's a mockup of the cover (not final):
    http://www.fiodanavalha.pt/Images/elric.jpg

_The Fortress of the Pearl_ (tentative title: _A Fortaleza da Pأ©rola_) is scheduled for a summer release.

Best,
    Luأ­s

:D Oh, that's great! I know so many that would like to read more MM in Portuguese. I will gladly recommend.
    Let's see more and larger pictures if you can.

L'Etranger
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Hello!

Originally posted by LEtranger
      :D Oh, that's great! I know so many that would like to read more MM in Portuguese. I will gladly recommend.
      Let's see more and larger pictures if you can.
      Thanks, those recommendations will be welcome. It's a small publisher, but if things go well, we'll get the entire Elric saga in Portuguese, and then move on to headier Moorcock stuff.

I'll post a bigger cover image once the designer is done with it. We're still not completely pleased with the front, although I can assure you that the back and flaps are gorgeous to look at.

Best,
      Luأ­s

Comment

Oh, I'm sure we'd all like to see the back while you're still working on the front cover!
        Any little bit helps! Muito obrigado!

And knowing Spanish fairly well I can read on the http://www.fiodanavalha.pt/ website that you yourself translated the ELRIC! What a feat! My compliments and respect.

Best,
        L'Etranger
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Thanks! The cover should be done before the year is through, I'll post it as soon as I get something resembling its final appearance.

Cheers,
          Luأ­s

Comment

I finally have the book in hand and I must say it's a thing of beauty. I (rather hastily) scanned a few samples to show you, but since I forgot how to upload stuff to the site, I sent them to Berry in hopes he'll do it for me. Sorry to keep you waiting! :)

Cheers,
            Luأ­s

Comment

And here you have it:

[expired link]
              [expired link]
              [expired link]
              [expired link]
              [expired link]

Best,
              Luأ*s
              Last edited by Reinart der Fuchs; 04-21-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Congratulations!
                er...what's that story about MM by Neil gaiman???

Comment

It's "One Life, Furnished in Early Moorcock". It appeared in the WW Elric anthology and was later collected in _Smoke & Mirrors_.

Cheers,
                  Luأ­s

Comment

Looks great! I think you put a lot of good style into it. What about the back cover?
                    When is it on the market? Can it be bought abroad? There's no Portuguese Amazon, is there?
                    Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                      What about the back cover?
                      When is it on the market? Can it be bought abroad? There's no Portuguese Amazon, is there?
                      I'll have to scan the back cover later, my brother took the only copy I had. I'll have to wait until more are printed.

The book will be on sale March 10, but I'm not sure if there's a site you can buy it from. Try www.webboom.pt, I think they ship abroad.

Best,
                      Luأ­s

Comment

I think it looks great, too! Congratulations!
                        You can't spell "politically correct" without "correct".

Comment

Out now: http://www.webboom.pt/ficha.asp?ID=102166

Cheers,
                          Luأ­s

Comment

Working...
                          X