Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Weird of the white wolf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird of the white wolf

Does this book exist in hardcover format and when would it have been published? Thanks for any help

To my knowledge, not by itself. "The Weird Of The White Wolf" is available within the hardcover volume of "The Elric Saga Part 1" published in 1984.
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

Comment

"The Weird of the White Wolf" (1977) was really a collection rather than a novel in its own right, a batch of short stories - 'The Dream of Earl Aubec' (1964), 'The Dreaming City' (1961), 'While the Gods Laugh' (1961) & 'The Singing Citadel' (1967) - "cobbled together" from two existing collections: "The Stealer of Souls" (1963) & "The Singing Citadel" (1970); as such it never had a hardcover edition of its own, unlike the surrounding novels "The Sailor on the Seas of Fate" & "The Sleeping Sorceress" (themselves examples of the 'fix-up' novel rather than an standalone novel like "Elric of Melniboné"). "The Bane of the Black Sword" is (I think) a deliberate counterpoint collection to TWotWW and likewise has never had a dedicated hardcover edition.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info..I will stop chasing the white rabbit..um…er…wolf.

Comment

Working...
        X