Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Question about the End of Time Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the End of Time Series

Ok, so for the Most part all the EC books i have are in Omnibus form, so i have a question. I was at the Used book store and found "An Alien Heat" in paperback. Im pretty sure this is the first in the End of time Series. I also got a paperback of The end of all songs, and Legends from the end of time. My question is, what other individual books do i need to get in order to finish the series? If anyone can help id appreciate it.

You need the middle book, 'The Hollow Lands,' and also 'A Messaiah at the End of Time.'
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Sweet! Thanks a lot!

Comment

Buying and "losing" the boxed trilogy twice is what prompted my to stop treating my bookshelves as a public library.
        If you want to borrow a book from me, I want the keys to your car, the deeds to your house and deflowering rights to your daughters!

Comment

Quick summary of the books in the Dancers cycle:

An Alien Heat
          The Hollow Lands
          The End of All Songs

Those three make up the original Dancers trilogy starring Jerek Carnelian and Amelia Underwood.

After this Mike wrote a couple of other storys set at the End of Time but not part of the main story. These are:

The Transformation of Miss Mavis Ming (Messiah at the End of Time)
          Legends From the End of Time (four short stories inc Pale Stars, White Roses etc)
          Elric at the End of Time (short story)

That's my long-winded way of saying the same as Deepfixer. :roll:

Comment

I managed to find used SFBC editions of the Dancers books. Four books, the fourth being a collection of 'Legends' and 'Messiah,' titled 'Tales from the End of Time,' I think.

I bought 'Elric at the End of Time' in the DAW book of the same title. "Book 7 of the Elric saga."

Comment

Originally posted by DiGiMac
              Buying and "losing" the boxed trilogy twice is what prompted my to stop treating my bookshelves as a public library.
              If you want to borrow a book from me, I want the keys to your car, the deeds to your house and deflowering rights to your daughters!
              UnFortunately i have no children, but id happily give you my dog.

Comment

The same happened to me. I loaned some books to "friends," who ended up losing them. Luckily, I was able the books.

I'd also add servitude for a year per book!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepFixer
                  The same happened to me. I loaned some books to "friends," who ended up losing them. Luckily, I was able the books.

I'd also add servitude for a year per book!

I almost never actually own a copy of my favorite books, since I have a habit of giving them away to other people, who invariably never actually read them and never give them back. Notable among these are Titus Groan and The Cornelius Chronicles, of which I've bought at least five copies each and usually keep them just long enough to read them again before passing them off. It's just that they are my absolute favorites since I read them as a child and until I found this website I'd never met anyone else who'd read or heard of either of them. Texas sucks in certain ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaru
                    Texas sucks in certain ways.
                    Many ways. Try moving here, instead of being born here :D .

Comment

Working...
                    X