Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Jerry, von Bek, Bastable and Corum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's odd - I get an error blocking me from viewing that page on the Wikiverse - just to check, is 'Manfred; or The Gentleman Houri' the third Von Bek story which went to a publisher somewhere in Cornwall and never came back?
    Amid Chaos, Order arises; but even in Order there is Chaos.

Understands now that Corum did have a happy ending after all!

Comment

I've just reached the chapter where (spoilers for Son of the Wolf/The White Wolf's Son)

Am I correct in thinking that, if Beesley kept Jerry's box in A Cure for Cancer

Comment

I am reading the second Corum trilogy "The Prince of the Silver Hand". I finished book 1 The Bull and the Spear and I have started The Oak and The Ram. While I am enjoying the books - they are ok - I am not really loving them. I feel very embarrassed to admit that honestly...
        "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
        "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

I have been progressing with book 2 of Prince With the Silver Hand and

Changed from ok to GOOD ( nearly very good ) rate. I have not been in a good mood lately which considerably affects my appreciations perhaps.
          "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
          "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

feeling like shit makes everything look like shit
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeeDoubleYou View Post
              That is true! In fact The book is growing on me, appreciation is much better now!

Comment

Originally posted by zlogdan View Post
                Originally posted by SeeDoubleYou View Post
                That is true! In fact The book is growing on me, appreciation is much better now!
                On book two of the S-word and the Stallion myself...I figured there must be something wrong, it's quite wonderful.
                But, I did have a similar experience with Hawkmoon (though I haven't read, but possess, Chronicles of Count Brass) and the first trilogy o' Corum...and through this I'm learning the value of the re-read (which I've never really been a fan of [even a strict and proud adherent against], though I did enjoy re-reading Accelerando even when I enjoyed the First Read, I suppose the re-read is like watching a movie you love over and over, but, that's obvious, right?)
                sigpic

Comment

Truth to be told... I am on book 3 "The Sword And The Stallion" and the overall feeling I have for the trilogy has changed immensely.

SeeDoubleyou, Feeling much better, the book feels much better

Comment

Zlogdan, how do the descriptions of the ice and frost covering the world come across to you. For us northern Europeans it's quite easy to draw on experiences of harsh winters, but I don't imagine you get many of those in Brazil.
                    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Gov, that is good question. I actually rely on my memories of films, picture, comics, documentaries etc and from that I make images. It helps that Mike makes real good descriptions, which is a quality he does have and also there is the fact I am fascinated by real cold winters and snow. There was a time while living in a town where the exterior temperature was around 39 C that I spent a lot of time looking on images from Northern Canada, Terra del fuego in South America, etc. At one point yesterday I was wondering about snow and it took me a few seconds to realize I have never seen snow before...
                      By the way, outside is 35 C today and the water supply reservations here in Sao Paulo are practically at zero.
                      Last edited by zlogdan; 10-30-2014, 06:53 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Today especially I wish I had never seen snow before. First snow of the Canadian winter is a herald of discontent! The Queen of Narnia is back for four months to torture us all.

Comment

Octo I'd rather experience a winter like that than the 30-39 C we have been experiencing here lately. Without much rain. Water reservations are below 10%.

Comment

I have just finished the "The Sword and the Stallion". This book IMO stands out in the trilogy. Although the other two parts are good books, "The Sword.." is a masterpiece...

Last edited by zlogdan; 11-02-2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X