Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Michael Moorcock And Walter Simonson Make A Sorcerer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Moorcock And Walter Simonson Make A Sorcerer

[broken link]

The first installment of Elric The Making Of A Sorcerer is fantastic. At $5.95US/$9.25CAN this tall hard card cover of Elric TMOAS #1 may be the only Birthday gift you could ever get that was worth the money. Page one and page two have illustrations of Imrryr that are certain to have your eyes twitching. It’s an Elric you have never seen before, but reminds you of an old friend. Tanglebones, Dyvim Tvar, Yrkoon, some very old friends and some new friends are around. See Elric at his cruelest. No spoilers here!
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:43 PM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Glad you finally got your copy Berry!

No spoilers, but didn't you think a story of this import could've covered a couple/three issues?
    Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

Classic Stuff! :D

Mine cost آ£4.10 in UK money (couldn't wait until my birthday).

How long will we have to wait for no. 2 :?:
      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Originally posted by duggm
        No spoilers, but didn't you think a story of this import could've covered a couple/three issues?
        No spoilers from me either, hopefully, but I kinda liked that about the comic. The fact that Mr M can create these adventures and settings and quests and just skip through them in a couple of pages... it was like a cowboy walking in to a saloon, shooting the glass out of the someone's hand and then walking out again. No big parade or crowing, he just came to show he still had the mettle and left with his legend intact.... in my humble opinion. It was just a joy to see a master at work.
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Well, D, I almost picked up a copy for you earlier! What happened to you letting me know?

I've not actually read mine yet, even though I've had it for three weeks. I'm always like this with comics. In fact, usually I get the graphic novels so that I can read them all in one go. So, come December, I'll finally be able to tell you what I thought!

Although I can say that the artwork is wonderful.
          Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
            Well, D, I almost picked up a copy for you earlier! What happened to you letting me know?
            Well, I've just replied to your private e-mail, but you're right, I should have told you directly before now. I mentioned it in the Q&A section yesterday, and naturally assumed that everyone instantly rushes to read every new post I make... apparently this isn't the case? :oops: Sorry.

Read it! Read it! Read it!
            "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Originally posted by duggm
              Glad you finally got your copy Berry!

It would be impossibly long to produce. But I totally agree. Michael Moorcock's Multiverse was a lot like this. Three dense stories with an interesting culmination. There is an absolute symbiosis of writer and artist on this project. I have a feeling this project will be greatly respected.

I see new stuff every page. Maybe that's another reason more issues could not be done, because there is so much to look at. Thank God for graphic novels.
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

My girlfriend was kind enough to buy me a copy yesterday. Excellent piece of comic work. I have the rest on pre-order!
                Regret achieves nothing. Regret breeds weakness. Regret is a cancer which attacks the body's vital organs and eventually destroys.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
                  Michael Moorcock's Multiverse was a lot like this. Three dense stories with an interesting culmination.
                  Thank God for graphic novels.
                  Anybody know where one might pick a set of Michael Moorcock's Multiverse?
                  Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

I believe the trade is still in print, so any good comics store or bookstore should be able to order it.
                    Best/Mario

Comment

Working...
                    X