Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Pyat bookmark: Image Gallery posting query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyat bookmark: Image Gallery posting query

I have some images of bookmarks, which were released with the Jonathon Cape editions of the Colonel Pyat books, which I would like to add to the image gallery. I have studied that part of the website and I've been unable to work out how to do this.
    Could someone help me with this please? I have gratefully appreciated being able to view all those things I've never seen before in the image gallery, and was hoping to add to it.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Please contact one of the members of the image gallery project.

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-13-2010, 11:47 AM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

You got it, Gov'nuh!

As long as you are logged in, you should have the option to add images to the gallery.

Go into the album in which you wish to place your images. (The Pyat bookmark you describe might go into Various Artwork/Illustrations or Various Artwork/Other).

Once inside the album of choice, you should see a drop-down box in the top right corner:

[broken link]

You will not have all the options shown here; this is a screen-capture from my own computer. You should, however, have the "add photos" option. Selecting it will bring up a pop-up screen allowing you upload your images in several different ways:

[broken link]

I just use the Form option which allows you to simply browse to the image location on your hard drive and select it.

Be sure to give the image a name in the "Caption" box, or else it will appear as the filename.

Give it a shot and let me know if things aren't as I have depicted them here. Looking forward to seeing those bookmarks! :)

Here are other threads which have info on the Image Gallery:

[broken link]Image Gallery Project: GAME ON

[broken link]The Gallery
      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 04:54 AM.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

PWV: I love you man. Screen shots of FireFox. What a rewly browser that is.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I've been using Firefox for over 4 months now. Not one day I regretted.
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Well, they're finally posted. I first downloaded the Java update I thought I needed, then restarted as required, then discovered I didn't need it...
            Anyway...

Here is is a link to the front

[broken link]

And here is a link to the back

[broken link]

Hope you like them PWV, and thanks for telling me how to do it - much appreciated.
            I also have a little freebie, preview booklet thing of "Mother London" which was given away when the novel came out. As soon as I find it, I will put a scan of the cover on the site, and maybe the text, too. :?: (Not sure of the copyright thing on this bit.)
            Also, is there a thread where people have requested certain covers? I have quite an extensive collection of MM's works and would be willing to post scans of any that I have. All I need is the kick up the arse neccessary to make me do it as a public service!
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-12-2010, 04:54 AM.
            You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
              PWV: I love you man. Screen shots of FireFox. What a rewly browser that is.
              It has it's tiny drawbacks (alt tags not working, stuff like that), but the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks! Mainly, way fewer hackers trying to violate my ports on a daily basis. 8O I hate that. McAfee tells me someone tried to violate a port and I feel all dirty...

Originally posted by GoRI
              All I need is the kick up the arse neccessary to make me do it as a public service!
              Consider your arse kicked, Guv. Let's see everything ya got! We have this massive number of images to collect I can't remember the exact number, but Berry wanted to get a, like, bazillion images in there before the end of the year.

Comment

I'll do my best, PWV, but I'm gonna have to look through all the images in the gallery first, then get into the attic to find all the books I've got that don't have any posted images... Then I've got to wait 'til the kids go to bed to get on the pc... You understand it could be a drawn out affair?

By the way, I have to say (hopefully this criticism will be taken constructively :oops: ) that the image gallery could be laid out better. It's quite attractive looking but not very user friendly. Alphabetically laid out would be a great help, but further refinements could be called for, because it's not very obvious how it works

Comment

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
                  I'll do my best, PWV... You understand it could be a drawn out affair?
                  Absolutely. I just felt like using the word 'arse.'

Originally posted by Governor of Rowe Island
                  By the way, I have to say (hopefully this criticism will be taken constructively :oops: ) that the image gallery could be laid out better. It's quite attractive looking but not very user friendly. Alphabetically laid out would be a great help, but further refinements could be called for, because it's not very obvious how it works
                  Thanks for your candor, Guv. No offense taken at all.

A few of us manage the place on our spare time and I must admit I haven't had as much spare time as I'd like lately. I've been meaning to try to alphabetize the thing. That would be an ongoing battle as new things were added, but worth it as far as usability, I agree.

Feel free to continue to make suggestions as you like.

Comment

Just came across a book today that I forgot I bought, "The Great Rock 'N' Roll Swindle". (God, I was so pleased all over again.) Not sure if I've seen that cover image here, so that might be next!

Comment

I think the govenor was critiqueing the actual user interface as opposed to the order of the images and the categorization. But it's the sort of critique that I can't really answer to, except in the decision to use this software. It's free software, so we take what we can get. I had various difficulties with the upload panel too, at first. I even downloaded a Windows based tool to avoid using it. Alas, and this is the sticker, I am using a 56k modem and this really kills the usability of any tool or panel since the upload is going to take some time no matter what. So our freebie has a couple of glitches. The good news is that the project at http://www.nukedgallery.net/ is where they continue to improve and secure the software. They are great!

Regarding the bazillion images I'm after. PWV is exagerating. I only want a zillion. But semi-seriously, the project has an artificial goal of 2,000 images by January 1st 2005. We welcome all Moorcock related images.

Everyone should understand that this is all done on volunteer basis and the community can expect this project to be closer to perfect within the next 2 to 3 years. We have a lot of permission seeking to engage in and so forth.

I just checked the site and it looks like 2.0 is in alpha testing. That's great! Maybe they'll have worked out a more sophisticated system.

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                        I've been using Firefox for over 4 months now. Not one day I regretted.
                        I agree. Firefox is Great. It actually clears your history when you tell it to keep it for 0 days, and it blocks popups automatically. Ill never go back to IE.

Comment

Working...
                        X