Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

At last, I've found you all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At last, I've found you all!

Its been a while, but i have finally found a wee corner on the internet dedicated to Michael Moorcock and his works.

When i was 14 i went to france for a family holiday for 2 weeks, i took 'the jewel in the skull' with me to read as i had borrowed it from my uncle and not got round to reading it. I also had the other 3 books in that set but i decided only to take the first one.

I started reading it on the first night, and had finished it by the 4th night. I could not put it down. Never before has a book caught me as much as this did. Of course the irony of it is that i was staying in Antibes in the south - just along the coast from the camargue, or Kamarg as it is referred to in the runestaff novels. I did not realise this until a year later or so. :roll:

Anyway, i spend the rest of my holiday wondering what the next three books were going to be like and kicking myself for not bringing them with me.

We finally arrived home and i started reading 'the mad gods amulet' within 10 minutes of getting in the door (remember i was only 14 - parents did the unpacking :D ). I finished this one in two nights. It took me another two weeks to read the last two novels. I am now 25 and have read them at least 10 times. I am unsure as to why they have captivated me so much, i never tire of them each time i read them.

It was a couple of years later that i found out about 'Count Brass'. I was totally surprised as i had no prior knowledge that there were more books continuing hawkmoon's adventures. I duly sought out the last 3 books and read them with haste.

Phenomenal books, Phenomenal read, they will always be a part of my life. Who knows, george orwell had some pretty scary visions of the future in 1984. Maybe Michael Moorcock knows more than he realises :lol:

Anyway, i have loads of unanswered questions regarding the hawkmoon books from over the years, and now i have finally found a place to ask them. I cant remember them all just now - i will have to read the books again!! :)

Cheers,

Allan.

welcome to the Forum MadGod :)

Comment

Re: At last, I've found you all!

I'm reading the Castle Brass Saga now... I just read the Runestaff saga....

I started with Elric and Chorum... and recently an RPG set in Elic's world has enticed me to revisit the stories and also read some that I didn't years ago.

Originally posted by MadGod
      Its been a while, but i have finally found a wee corner on the internet dedicated to Michael Moorcock and his works.

When i was 14 i went to france for a family holiday for 2 weeks, i took 'the jewel in the skull' with me to read as i had borrowed it from my uncle and not got round to reading it. I also had the other 3 books in that set but i decided only to take the first one.

I started reading it on the first night, and had finished it by the 4th night. I could not put it down. Never before has a book caught me as much as this did. Of course the irony of it is that i was staying in Antibes in the south - just along the coast from the camargue, or Kamarg as it is referred to in the runestaff novels. I did not realise this until a year later or so. :roll:

Anyway, i spend the rest of my holiday wondering what the next three books were going to be like and kicking myself for not bringing them with me.

We finally arrived home and i started reading 'the mad gods amulet' within 10 minutes of getting in the door (remember i was only 14 - parents did the unpacking :D ). I finished this one in two nights. It took me another two weeks to read the last two novels. I am now 25 and have read them at least 10 times. I am unsure as to why they have captivated me so much, i never tire of them each time i read them.

It was a couple of years later that i found out about 'Count Brass'. I was totally surprised as i had no prior knowledge that there were more books continuing hawkmoon's adventures. I duly sought out the last 3 books and read them with haste.

Phenomenal books, Phenomenal read, they will always be a part of my life. Who knows, george orwell had some pretty scary visions of the future in 1984. Maybe Michael Moorcock knows more than he realises :lol:

Anyway, i have loads of unanswered questions regarding the hawkmoon books from over the years, and now i have finally found a place to ask them. I cant remember them all just now - i will have to read the books again!! :)

Cheers,

Allan.

Comment

Allan the Mad God!! A fantastic name for a maniacal deity!! Cthulhu would run screaming!!

only joking mate :D

Comment

Cthulhu hasn't got anything to shout about...I keep telling you all that Cthulhu is pronounced "Dennis".

Comment

Working...
          X