Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Free Books!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Books!!!

Yes, that's what I said. Welcome to CrowSeer's Crazy Book Giveaway. There were a couple of Moorcock paperbacks in a local second-hand shop, and they've been there for a month or so, and I know there are people out there who have trouble tracking books down, so I thought I'd just redistribute them to people who'll appreciate them.

To clarify, these are beaten up and yellowed reprint editions, and of no interest to collectors or profiteers. Only genuine readers need apply. Also, I'd prefer to deal with non-European/North American readers if possible, because it would look much cooler when I go to the Post Office.

The books are:

The Land Leviathan (second of the Oswald Bastable trilogy)
    Queen of Swords (second book of Corum)
    Jewel in the Skull (first volume in the history of the Runestaff)

This is an experiment, but for now I'm willing to pay postage and packing costs myself, because I'm nice like that (although I won't be paying extra for tracking or insurance, so if they don't reach you, then they're gone for good)

Any takers?

D...

PS. You might think I'm making too big a deal of this, but there may be more books to come, so bear with it... No promises though, obviously.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

*bump*

Okaaaay... Forget what I said about Europe/North America. If you want the books, you can have them.

Any takers?

D...

Comment

Free books

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
      *bump*

Okaaaay... Forget what I said about Europe/North America. If you want the books, you can have them.

Any takers?

D...
      OK I'll take them. Is there anyway I can pm you or will I just have to put my adress on the thread? BTW nice drawings on your website. Oh and I live in Australia.

Comment

Before you do that, D, remember the Aussies call you Brits "Pommie Bastards". And Flutegirl might be of European descent ...Couldn't you rather send those books to Alexa in Sonora, Mexico, instead?

A disgruntled and jealous European ...

Haven't seen any postings by her for long, maybe now that she's 18 she's allowed to leave the house ...?
        Google ergo sum

Comment

Well, now that the heated and intense haggling is over, and everyone has backed off to their respective corners I can officially declare... Oh, who am I trying to kid? Flutegirlrockz is da winnah!!! Yay you!

Thanks for the kind words about my site too. If you go back to the site you should see my e-mail listed at the bottom of the page somewhere. Just mail me your address and I'll get the books off to you ASAP. Also, cuz I'm in a generous/egotistical mood, if you want a cartoon of anyone vaguely famous thrown in then just let me know and I'll see what I can do. :)

L'E: Having just overdosed on the Mariachi films, I would have been very excited to be sending a parcel off to Mexico, but I'm afraid that isn't how the taco crumbled this time. No offence, Flutegirl, I used to enjoy Heartbreak High too... but it doesn't really compare.

D...

Comment

Queen of Swords (second book of Corum) !!! how do I get them?!!!

send e-mail to [email protected]

Comment

I'm too late... damn...
              I live in Nor Cal...

Comment

No offense meant above either, Flutegirl, with my remarks. Just kidding Dee.
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Actully I just bought a heap of MM books including Jewel In The Skull and The Land Leviathan so I just need the Queen of the Swords if thats ok and a picture of Xenia Seeberg would be cool.

Comment

Okay, so a week on and the following books are still up for grabs...

Jewel in the Skull (first volume in the history of the Runestaff)

...and because I'm feeling uncharacteristically generous, I'm also raising...

Silverheart (only volume of the Silverheart saga, so far)

The above is a paperback, in good condition (although the charity types I bought it from have written "80p" on the first page, so poo to them).

I've just sent flutegirlrockz's book off to the other side of the world, and that turned out to be remarkably inexpensive, so I'm happy to post to any corner of the globe. Let the bare knuckle boxing and rabid bickering begin!

You may even get a zombie comic thrown in for luck! (No, that's not really much of an incentive is it).

D...

PS. Because I'm petty, preference will be given to posters who have agreed with or been nice to me in the past. :D

Comment

Thanks DeeCrowSeer I just opened the package today thanks for the book and the picture.

Comment

D and everybody ... what if we sent around one book from member to member criss-cross around the world and everybody signs having recieved it .... to finally get the "most travelled Moorcock book". We could then auction it and give the money to some good cause?
                        bon soir mes amis!
                        L'Etranger
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                          D and everybody ... what if we sent around one book from member to member criss-cross around the world and everybody signs having recieved it .... to finally get the "most travelled Moorcock book". We could then auction it and give the money to some good cause?
                          That's an amusing thought, and a noble one I suppose, but on the face
                          of things, it appears, uh, "difficult of execution."

The last time I looked, there were about 700 members on this site. Assuming
                          it takes a week to send the book, get it signed, then posted to the next
                          member (a changing gallery, I might add), that's roughly 700 weeks to get
                          it done. Since 700 weeks is nearly 13,5 years, it would be an interesting
                          task to have responsibility for. I can't see it happening soon. :)

bon soir mes amis!
                          L'Etranger
                          Tu es franأ§ais?

LSN

Comment

Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg

Tu es franأ§ais?

LSN
                            disons que je suis bien mأ©langأ© ...

Well, since not all 700 will take part, we could try out how many we could reach in a given number of days, say 222 for instance. Bit of logistics involved, but could be fun. But the 700 bidding at least 1 dollar in the auction could already fetch a nice sum for whatever we decide on ...
                            I'm sure Mike will like it.
                            Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                              Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg

Tu es franأ§ais?

LSN
                              disons que je suis bien mأ©langأ© ...
                              Vraiment? Sans blague? Je croyais que
                              c'أ©tait possible que tu es un roman d'Albert Camus.

Actually, if I used my true name rather than the screen name, which
                              is a private joke, it would be more obvious that one of my parents was French.

Well, since not all 700 will take part, we could try out how many we could reach in a given number of days, say 222 for instance. Bit of logistics involved, but could be fun. But the 700 bidding at least 1 dollar in the auction could already fetch a nice sum for whatever we decide on ...
                              I'm sure Mike will like it.
                              That's a reasonable suggestion, and a lot smaller in scope. Another
                              possibility, making use of the available technology, would be to see
                              how many people could use a scanner to send a digitized image of their
                              signatures, permitting them to be grouped together on a single page.
                              This page, in turn, could be attached to the book in question.

Just a thought.

LSN

Comment

Working...
                              X