Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

AudiRealms AudioBook: Elric Of Melnibone

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AudiRealms AudioBook: Elric Of Melnibone

Hey....Does anyone know if AudiRealms is still in business or if they've recently shut down?

I placed an order and sent payment in on June 1st for a copy of the 5cd audiobook of Elric Of Melnibone, but have received nothing yet. My check is still uncashed, no one has returned my emails, and I cannot reach them by the phone # listed on their website. What's the deal? Anyone?

I was really looking forward to the audibook, but it looks like it might not happen now...
    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Audio Book

I placed an order in May and have yet to recieve anything.Your not alone.

Comment

I understood that the Audiorealms version was shipping now. If there are any more problems, let me know and I'll alert Adiorealms. There have been problems in the production, but they're all solved now.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
      The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
      Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
      The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
      Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

AudioRealms responded via email today! It seems they have moved. I guess some of their mail has been lost in forwarding.

Frank: If you've sent a check you'll most likely have to put a stop payment on it and re-send another to their new address as in my case...

"At the beginning of June we moved to a new address and although our mail is
        forwarded please use the new address."
        AudioRealms Inc.
        1818 Airport Rd, Unit 192,
        Chapel Hill, NC, 27514

Thank you
        AudioRealms
        \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock

Comment

Audio Book

Thank you for the information MJR I'll do that.Good to see the production problems have been solved.Thank you for your concern Mr Moorcock.

Comment

Any one know what's on the bonus disk???
            Mine was blank.

I tried it on a two different stereos, a dvd player, an old record player
            and the toaster.

Must be recorded in the high speech.....

Conan will now smash shiny thing.

Comment

I haven't bought one yet.
              You know what I do?
              I crack open one of my book club editions
              and ...

I read it out loud myself:
              (I try different accents, like
              British and/ or theatrical like,
              say, how Viggo did Aragorn's voice)
              (or whatever voice, depending on the character):

"Master, Elric! Where to now?"

"Be still your tongue! I'm trying to
              recall the rune, you snivelling nerf-herder!"

actually, don't quote me on that. I'm not sure that's
              an actual passage from Elric.
              I don't have a book in front of me right now,
              but you get the idea. :)

It's good practice to read out loud yourself
              if you are into acting. If you're not into acting,
              try it anyway! it's fun!
              read out loud to your wife, SO, and or childern:

The black blade struck the Vilmirian and cleft him
              from hip to pelvis, splattering crimson. He screamed in
              horror as his soul was sucked into Stormbringer,
              and transferred to Elric, rejuvinating the albino with energy.

They'll like it! crap! Who wouldn't love it!?!?

My cat doesn't seem to mind. In fact, I think he
              likes it! My roommate doesn't mind, he knows
              I'm weird.

Putting on Audiorealms cd would allow you
              to go to bed though while the story continues, but that's cheating--
              you're not interacting with your loved ones
              in that way.

Comment

I guess you can record your own reading to play back in your car? :D

Comment

It would have been nice if they had mentioned something about the move.

Their phone number supposedly is the same and works, but I cannot get through to anyone. I got through to a recording once, on the day I placed the order; now it just tells me that their line does not accept calls from private numbers and hangs up.

Unfortunately my bank charges me $10-15 to put a stop payment on a check and I'm not sure if AudioRealms is willing to reimburse me for this.

I'm waiting to see if they will respond to my last email.

What a fiasco! Not a good way to do business...

I still hope to get the audiobook, but the mention of the blank bonus CD and the horrible customer service are starting to change my mind.

I'd recommend buying the audibook elsewhere if at all possible. :roll:

Comment

AUDIOREALMS INC.
                    is still in business and going strong, we ship copies of Elric Of Melnibonأ© daily.
                    our contact information is
                    1818 Airport Rd., Ste. 192,
                    Chapel Hill, NC
                    (919)968-1861
                    www.audiorealms.com

We had some difficulties getting the the production finished, but order fullfillment has not been a problem.

If you have any customer service issues, please just email or call, we return emails or phone calls usually within 1 business day.

As far as MJR's order, we have never received a cheque from you, and have corresponded with you each and everytime you queried. To our knowledge, we have not been missing any mail during our P.O. Box move, it has been forwarded.
                    Unfortunately, we will not ship product without payment, and have made ever effort to work with you on this and still will.

Frank, other than MJR's order as above, there are, to our knowledge, not any order issues. Please email with your order number and, if in fact it is snarled up here, we will immediately see that it is corrected. [email protected]

DyvimTvarsBodyguard, you had emailed me regarding your bonus disc when you first received it, we indicated that it is not an audio CD but is a computer disc with screensavers, but if it truly did not work, we would replace it immediately. We have never heard back from you until seeing this post, please contact us if that is indeed the case. Please note however ... if you have placed the disc in a toaster, the warranty will be void.

In closing, we at AudioRealms, and I, Fred Godsmark, always, always, support customers and fans as much as we possibly can, please contact us directly if there ever is an issue.

Thanks Berry and all for all the work you put in for this forum and website.
                    Mercenary Sound Designer
                    www.audiorealms.com

Comment

Originally posted by FredGodsmark
                      In closing, we at AudioRealms, and I, Fred Godsmark, always, always, support customers and fans as much as we possibly can, please contact us directly if there ever is an issue.
                      Only two things stopped me ordering the audiobook - not having a credit card, maybe at some point AudioRealms can look into using PayPal or such, even if you charged extra to cover the costs I'd be happy - and what I suspect might be a copyright and distribution legal nicety, you only ship to the US and Canada, which is a slight problem for me in the UK

Comment

Thanks for responding Fred Godsmark.I talked to my brother and he's going to use his credit card to order the CD set for me.

Comment

They don't ship to the UK? Hmm, that's kind of ironic...
                          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                            I guess you can record your own reading to play back in your car? :D
                            Exactly! And you can impress the passangers...

"Hey, check it out! That's me! ::smirk on Jer's face::
                            I'm pretty good, eh?" :lol:
                            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Just a quick note, we do in fact ship to the UK. We ship directly from there through John Davey at JaydeDesign.
                              You can order through us at www.audiorealms.com, or through John at [email protected] ... either will get you an "Elric" shipped directly from the UK.

as for PayPal, the jury is still out on that one .....

Thanks,
                              Fred
                              Mercenary Sound Designer
                              www.audiorealms.com

Comment

Working...
                              X