Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

My favorite interpretation of Arioch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite interpretation of Arioch

This is an original work that always has me looking at it for a long time. I also love the Jhary-a-Conel.

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:24 PM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Sorry, but NO.

I understand you may like the artwork, as we know or are told - art is in the eye of the beholder but....please MANGA like figures. NO, Sorry, No I can't contemplate it any longer.

Not everything out of Japan is good, ask the residents of Nanking.

Comment

Granted that they are not the way I would imagine the characters myself, but they are still damn fine pieces of art. What's wrong with Manga? Got no problem with it myself, apart from when they have blatant titilation thrown in, that's just silly.
      Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

You either like Japanimation art or you don't. Put me down as "don't." My favorite interpretation of Arioch is the old Deities and Demigods illustration by Jeff Dee in the original AD&D tome, but then that's the first one I saw, so it has a lot of sway.
        My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Dead-Air
          You either like Japanimation art or you don't. Put me down as "don't."
          Your dislike of anime is made obvious by your use of the hated term "Japanimation." Manga lovers cringe at that!

I think [broken link]Rodney Matthews image of Arioch is pretty sweet.

[broken link]
          Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM.
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I'll admit a certain cluelessness, and actually I don't hate the stuff, though I'm just not a huge fan of the art style. I thought that "manga" was primarily the sexually related branch of Japanese comics. Has that definition broadened?
            My Facebook; My Band; My Radio Show; My Flickr Page; Science Fiction Message Board

Comment

im not really a fan either, but what i can piece together from my incredibly non japanese very white friends; manga is the comic version, anime is the video version, and hentai is the 'sexually orientated version

Comment

Working...
              X