Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

YAWN - Check out the article in this blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YAWN - Check out the article in this blog

http://www.acronymchile.com/yawn_arc...05-20yawn.html
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Interesting stuff - thanks Berry. BTW you may be interested to know that I've just succesfully browsed the multiverse forums from a Palm Pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
      Interesting stuff - thanks Berry. BTW you may be interested to know that I've just succesfully browsed the multiverse forums from a Palm Pilot.
      8O

That is excellent! I knew it could be done, but I don't have a Palm. Tell me all about it. Is it difficult? How readable is it? Did you point to the special Avant Go link? Did you know about that?
      The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Setting the connection up with XP was a complete pig (for some reason Bluetooth needs to use 192.168.0.1 which meant reconfiguring the rest of my network) but once that was done and I could get onto the web, was very simple.

The Palm came with a browser called Web Pro (Avant is another browser isn't it?) that from what I can make out passes all the pages through a proxy at Palm that re-formats them to fit the screen. I'm using a Tungsten T3 (480x320 in landscape mode) so everything is pretty readable.

The only negative thing would be that the frames on the left appear at the top of every page, so when navigating down to the forums you have to scroll past them on each page. I've noticed on the Palm site there is an updated version of WebPro to improve frames support so I will download and try that over the weekend.
        Might also try AvantGo as a comparison.

Shame I can't take a screen print - I guess I could take a photo!

What/Where is the Avant Go link??

Comment

I researched the Avantgo thing and it is a browser for the Avantgo PPC. The Avantgo module I was referring to points to the news articles of the portal, which rarely gets updates. You could just as easily surf those pages.

Comment

Working...
          X