Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Clean Moorcock Shrine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean Moorcock Shrine

Found this in a clean looking blog.

http://homepage.mac.com/antallan/elric.html
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Nice and clean. It looks nice and the author seems well-informed, though he takes a few liberties, it seems...

'Elric' is a form of the Old Norse 'أ†lfric' which means 'elf ruler'"

I can't find the post, but I seem to remember Mike saying that wasn't where he got the name... :?

Anyway, I really like it overall. Lots of good info. For example, I've always liked this particular Whelan painting of Elric: http://homepage.mac.com/antallan/elricmw4.html and it was cool that he put the very quote that accompanied it from the story. Cool site.
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Actually Elric does come from Elfric which does mean 'Elf Ruler' Now, whether Mr M was aware of that or was just playing around with the name 'Eric' :P . . .

Thats like I got the name Elros from playing with the name Erikose many many moons ago in AD&D *shrug*

The story name for my character in what I posted a bit on in Dead Gods Book is Alaric ('Alar' ic' 'Alair'ic' or Aler'ic . . .however you want to pronounce it.) which means 'All Ruler'

I am trying to find a link to the site that has Elric and Alaric listed (as well as other names) and where they came from and what they mean. I should be posting that soon. I know I bookmarked it but GAH ... its elluding me right now.
      Ultra Magnus to Sandstorm. \"I\'ve never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. . . Alright, give me the bomb.\"

Comment

So is there a dirty, filthy Moorcock or Elric site out there.
        Any old friends dishing dirt or anything, jealous gossip etc
        Love and Pax
        Dobbie

Comment

Link added

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbier
            So is there a dirty, filthy Moorcock or Elric site out there.
            Any old friends dishing dirt or anything, jealous gossip etc
            Love and Pax
            Dobbie
            :roll:
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I've been to that site before. It is a pretty good site. There really aren't a lot of Elric sites out there. I'm working on one right now that I just started two days ago. It's nowhere near finished, but you guys can have a "sneak preview" so to speak:

http://www.toyboxorphan.net/kingofpain

Of course, I have a lot of work to do on the content, but any feedback on the layout would be appreciated. This is the first non-anime site I've tried to make.

Comment

I think your site looks very nice.Straight forward- navigation on the left, content on the right. You could maybe make the content window a little larger (use some of the empty space from left and right?)
                I will add a link to your site

Comment

I designed the site to have that space on either side so that if a visitor is using 800x600 resolution (yes, some people still use it...), they can press F11 and still see everything. Being an artist, my layout is very important to me and I want to be sure that everyone sees it the way I intended it, so I do not allow scrolling on the window itself, only in the content box. Make sense? Anyway, you can try it if you like. Change your screen resolution and you'll see what I'm talking about. Anyway, thanks for your compliments. I feel it is important for someone to be able to easily navigate a website. Nothing irritates me more than when people get really creative with the navigation and don't give an explanation on how to use it!

I appreciate the link, even though the site is kinda bare right now.

Comment

Working...
                  X