Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Moorcock Inn

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lemec
    Eternal Champion
    • Jul 2005

Some treats that were flown in to go with the gin that I am drinking.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
      Eternal Champion
      • Oct 2004

Very excellent selection, Lemec!

Welcome to everybody, who's just signed on, old & new.

I've been having a quiet afternoon, knocking back Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon & Carmenere, whilst listening to some old school, ska, The Stones & Hawkwind's In Search of Space.

The Moorcock Inn is one of the Inter~Web's oldest established locals, call it public house, cafe, kroeg, tavern. or what you will. Whatever will quench your thirst, you can probably find it here. So, don't be strangers. 😉

There's a jukebox, if there's anything you want to hear, bring it in & we'll put it on the carrousel!

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
        Eternal Champion
        • Oct 2004

This lockdown's a bugger! Put a couple of (home use only), DVD's on the overhead, just to cheer myself up. Kept myself fueled up on, Gulpener pils. Watched, Miss Marple: Sleeping Murder, first. Loads of psychological, suppressed memory stuff, hiding some very unhealthy sibling obsession & nastiness. No matter. Nothing that can't be solved by a nice cup of tea & some judicious rose bush pruning. Not quite Simenon, but about as close as Christie gets, with the genuine bonus of a woman's perspective.

Then, after giving the choice of the next movie some considerable thought, I chose, Wedlock, starring Rutger Hauer. A well made SF B-movie like that is always a pleasure. It's like the sort of two fisted pulpy cheesy noir SF that accompanied Kilgour Trout's oeuvre between the pictures in the beaver mags & all the better for it. A very decent actioner, even if it looks like that Hauer had been paid in kind for his Guinness commercials, at the time.

What's that on the sound system? The Last Poets, The Last Poets – Scatterap/Home. Wasn't in the mood for bagpipes.

Comment

• lemec
          Eternal Champion
          • Jul 2005

Happy Independence Day!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
            Eternal Champion
            • Oct 2004

Drinking Scotch & Soda, wishing you all Your Good Health!

Comment

• lemec
              Eternal Champion
              • Jul 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Kymba334
                Eternal Champion
                • Jun 2011

Back again in the Thingfish Lounge and it's looking like a drink den gone full Mary Celeste.

While slowly draining another shot glass of Wild Turkey i recall one of the very first Monty Python sketches i saw on a black and white television five full decades ago : Biggles Dictates a Letter. Remembering that the sketch ended with the promise of a further episode called Biggles Flys Undone and leaving me eager to encounter it one day.

Well i have found an audio tale that might actually be it or near enough. To my very tangential brain this short story also feels as if the intrepid World War One fighter ace had been reinterpreted for the 1970's by one Jerry Cornelius : https://youtu.be/QZFhFODswC0 ...(
                🙄)
                Last edited by Kymba334; 11-25-2021, 06:12 AM.
                Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
                  Eternal Champion
                  • Oct 2004

Left hand down on the joystick! 🤣

Comment

• Pietro_Mercurios
                    Eternal Champion
                    • Oct 2004

Piaf_00.jpg

It's dark, wet & windy, outside. This round's on me!

Comment

Working...
                    X