Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Writer and Journalist Oriana Fallaci dies at 75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writer and Journalist Oriana Fallaci dies at 75

Yesterday in Florence ...
    Maybe not too well known in the Anglo-American countries her works had a considerable impact in her native Italy, but also certainly in Germany, Austria, France and other European countries. This sometimes controversial writer who as a young woman fought the N.azis as a partisan during WWII ranked high among the important minds of the second half of the 20th century. She wasn't easily fed by simplistic explanations and a constant pain in the neck for autocratic decision makers in Italy and elsewhere (ask Henry K.!).
    We'll surely miss Oriana! Please bother to check her up in Wikipedia and see her impressive list of publications. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriana_Fallaci
    Google ergo sum

In France she was too much known for his book about Islam ......

De Gaulle said that old age was a shipwreck .......

Let us remember her for her merits

Comment

At the first European Social Forum, which was held in Florence in November 2002, Fallaci invited the people of Florence to shut up every shop and stay in the houses and compared the ESF to the Nazi occupation of Florence
      This amused me. Had she lived in Britain, she would no doubt have written for the Daily Mail!
      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

She was a strong woman with a sharpened mind, I've no doubt.
        Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Working...
        X