Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Death of Joseph Hill aka Culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of Joseph Hill aka Culture

Joseph Hill,Legendary founding member of one of the oldest reggae groups in world,Culture,died on 18 august 2006 in Berlin.He was 57 years old.
    Culture where one of the most popular and innovative reggae bands ever and can easily be compared to The honourable Robert nesta Marley,Peter Tosh,and Burning Spear.He will be missed.
    Music is the Weapon-Fela Anikulapo Kuti

That is sad. I was listening to 'Two Sevens Clash' just the other day.

Great artist. Let's hope he will be remembered.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

A great shame. Culture were my favourite reggae band of the '70s. I remember the NME loved them back in those long lost punk days when I actually used to take the speed-demented scribblings of Julie Burchill and Tony Parsons seriously when I read them at playtime.

Altogether now "I took a spliff this morning of the international herb..."

Rest In Peace, Joseph.
      \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Working...
      X