Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

Terry Jones: February 1, 1942 - January 21, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Jones: February 1, 1942 - January 21, 2020

I heard this very sad news yesterday. Terry Jones was a comedic genius who will be so very missed. RIP kind sir. :-(

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...-go/ar-BBZdyln
    "He found a coin in his pocket, flipped it. She called: 'Incubus!'
    'Succubus,' he said. 'Lucky old me.'" - Michael Moorcock The Final Programme

I was gutted. Terry Jones' style introduced me to a life long love of anarchic humour, history and storytelling. What a legend.

Terry Gilliams tribute to him on the Graham Norton show was touching. RIP Mr Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Durendal View Post
      I was gutted. Terry Jones' style introduced me to a life long love of anarchic humour, history and storytelling. What a legend.

Terry Gilliams tribute to him on the Graham Norton show was touching. RIP Mr Jones.
      Thanks for mentioning the tribute. I haven't seen it yet, but will definitely be watching it. He was indeed a legend. I never get tired of watching any of the television programs and films that he worked on.

Comment

Hi Jack , I never get tired of watching the Python films , the Life of Brian is a hoot and The Holy Grail is so mad it`s amazing . Sorry to hear he has passed .

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by white wolf's son View Post
          Hi Jack , I never get tired of watching the Python films , the Life of Brian is a hoot and The Holy Grail is so mad it`s amazing . Sorry to hear he has passed .
          Hi White Wolf's Son and welcome back to the miscellany, it's nice to see you again! Yeah I'm the same way when it comes to Python. I just pulled out the box set of Monty Python's Flying Circus and have been enjoying the episodes all over again, they always make me laugh and smile! Terry Jones will be deeply missed, but he will always live on in his wonderful television shows and films.
          Last edited by Jack Of Shadows; 02-01-2020, 01:53 PM.

Comment

A touching tribute from Michael Palin...

https://www.themichaelpalin.com/pali...knowing-terry/

Comment

Working...
            X