Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

PH-UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH-UK

Hi, all :D

As you may be aware, I have made mention of a webzine that me and a few companions have in the pipeline. Things are finally taking a move in the right direction and we are looking to recruit writers! I must stress that this is a non-profit site and that articles are of a strictly voluntary basis, but if you have something on your mind that you want to blert out, be it philosphy, random thoughts or just how much you like that new cd you purchased, then we want to hear from you!

P.S. Michael Moorcock has already kindly let us interview him!
    Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

"As you may be aware, I have made mention of a webzine that me and a few companions have in the pipeline."
    Well, I am one of those companions, so I thought I had better make that known! This webzine is an exciting project, that has been in the planning stages for a while. It now looks as if it will be ready to go public, in the not too distant future.
    Some content has been lovingly produced so far, but we need more. As Bob says, we have an interview with Michael Moorcock, which is a fantastic start. But, if any of you feel moved to write something on a topic of your choice, please feel free!

Comment

Congratulations Bob and Cypher! :D
      Can't wait to see it online. Please keep us informed.

Ken
      Ken Boorman
      Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

What is the URL? What are the submission guidelines? What is the name of the zine? To whom and at what address do I submit a piece?

Thanks.
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Do you require any doodles at all?

Also, is "PH-UK" intended to spell a rude word, or is that just a happy coincidence? :D

D...
          "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Thanks for showing interest!

Artcile guidlines are pretty simple: Make it an interesting read :)

Essentially, I guess it's a lifestyle zine but along the lines of reviews... Books, music, filmes, gigs, interviews, events, bars etc. Also, depending on how many would write for us, it would be great if a monthly article could be submitted by writers on a topic of their choice, e.g. political views, philosophy or just what a damn great weekend you had.
            It might seem like we're asking a lot, but we really do want this webzine to be entertaining (but certainly not trashy!) and thoroughly interesting and if we get enough people writing for us, a writers contribution wouldn't be very demanding.
            Articles or reviews could submitted to either myself or Chris (Cypher) and a after a brief editorial (I really do mean brief!), would be up on the site.
            D, the name started out as a mockery of the 'FCUK' brand, but soon had a meaning behind it - Pretentious Heathens UK - which I guess is also a mockery :)
            Oh, lastly, the address will hopefully be ph-uk.co.uk

I think that's everything covered, but don't hesitate to ask if anything needs elaborating on!
            Call me cockey, but if there\'s an alien I can\'t kill, I haven\'t met him and killed him yet!

Comment

Yes, but as D also asked, do you need any doodles at all? :) Some of us are better artists than we are writers...
              "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
              --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Initially, I suspect we'll be fine on the art front. However, that certainly doesn't rule out any possibility of us showcasing peoples work.

Comment

Sorry to shamelessly 'bump' the thread, but I really am eager to know if anyone is interested in this. I have no doubt that many members of this forum would make excellent contributions!

Comment

Working...
                  X