Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Our first two Eternal Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first two Eternal Champions

Dear friends,

Once you've made 500 posts, you gain the rank of Eternal Champion. While Von Weiner is our most prolific poster to date, he became a Chaos Engineer once accepted a volunteer position as one of the moderators of the Dead Gods' Book project.

Recently, two among us have made 500+ posts.

Our very first EC was Bill and Jerico was right on his heels and quickly became our second EC. The truth is, I don't know whether to congratulate them or ban their IP addresses.

Thanks for making MWM a great place to socialize. The rest of you are left to toot your own horns when you hit 500. I can't keep track of you all.

Top 10 Posters:
    [broken link]

Ironically, at the time of this post I have only 330 posts and am rapidly falling out of the top 10. :roll:
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Congradulations guys! But I must warn you... I think Von is out for blood! He wasn't too happy about his hard-won title being taken away when he became a Chaos Engineer. Run and hide!

Thanos

Comment

"Our very first EC was Bill and Jerico was right on his heels and quickly became our second EC. The truth is, I don't know wether to congratulate them or ban their IP addresses. "

You'd do well to do both.

This means my wife was right: I talk too much.

Comment

Re: Our first two Eternal Champions

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
        Ironically, at the time of this post I have only 330 posts and am rapidly falling out of the top 10. :roll:
        What you should do is just ban whoever is in position to overtake you... oh, that might be me. Forget I said anything!

D...
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I need to make a pointless reply to stay in the top 10 :lol:

Seriously, though, Bill and Jerico are two of the people who always keep me interested. Here's to 500 more.

Comment

The two Virgos become the first two ECs!

I had a good lead on Bill, then when my art class deadline
            came up, I was forced to take breaks.

Then Bill zipped past. He has an advantage that
            he can be online more while at work.

If I had only not taken that class. Oh well. Who cares.
            There are no losers here.

Well, we can both be considered losers...
            (Get off the damn computer already!!)

:roll:

(We all know that Von W was really the first EC)
            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Bah! Right now I'm number 11 on the list. Watch out Doc (#10) I'm comming for you!!!

Thanos

Comment

So thats the highest rank then? If not what is? :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by yolanda
                  So thats the highest rank then? If not what is? :twisted:
                  That's the highest rank.
                  The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosShadowsage
                    Bah! Right now I'm number 11 on the list. Watch out Doc (#10) I'm comming for you!!!

Thanos
                    I would respond to your threat, but it would only seem to be a subtle ploy to stay ahead of you.

Oops. Looks like I made another post, after all, Thanos :)

Comment

Congratulations to our first new ECs. :D

@Doc and Thanos - I'm no. 12, so not too far for me to catch up on that #10 slot ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Jerico
                        The two Virgos become the first two ECs!

(We all know that Von W was really the first EC)

Hehe,

But Von Weiner the Pisces is the chattiest of them all! :lol:
                        Chaos Engineer is good. I get the green name (although, I do miss the orange one and the ability to moderate every forum - I'll be quiet lest Berry turns my name pink or something :lol: ). Congrats Bill and Jerico!

I would just like to say that it is a great pleasure and honor to share this community with all of you. You are a very special group of people who I am proud to count amongst my friends.

*VonWeiner bows*
                        When they had advanced together to meet on common
                        ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                        and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                        each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                        mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                        killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Congrats to Krunky, the next Eternal Champion. Appropriately enough, I think he was arguing with Bill on his 500th post. :lol:

Comment

Well, hopefully it wasn't filled with expletives or derrogatory terms. :)
                            \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                            Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Fitting innit? Like Babe Ruth's 3,000 hit being a home run.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X