Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

WOO HOO! I got a job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOO HOO! I got a job!

I'll be installing computer and communication cable as well as wireless access points.

I am so happy!

Thanks for all the morale support. You guys are the best!
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Congrats! :D

The only way to lose an old job is when you can get a new one shortly afterwards.
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

I'm extremely happy for you, my friend! Good luck!
      C.
      Google ergo sum

Comment

I almost asked about interviews when you said you had an "appointment" to rush off to... but I don't like to jinx things. Congratulations!

D...
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Congratulations Berry. :)

Comment

I always feel better about the world when good things happen to good people. That's awesome news!

Comment

Congrats Berry. I'm glad things worked out for you :)

Ken
              Ken Boorman
              Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

Excellent news Berry!

Comment

Excellent!!!! Woo [email protected]@@!!!!!!!
                  \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                  Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Just out of curiosity is the move upwards, downwards, or sidewise? I mean, how do you see it in terms of the work v money v bennies?

I bet losing Berry is a mistake for anyone that lets him go.

Comment

Fantastic news, Berry! I'm so glad your unemployment was so short-lived!
                      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Brilliant news Berry. Best of luck with the new job. :D

Comment

Congratulations, Berry.

Comment

That is excellent news Berry. Hope all goes well in the new job :D

Comment

Originally posted by krunky
                              Just out of curiosity is the move upwards, downwards, or sidewise? I mean, how do you see it in terms of the work v money v bennies?

I bet losing Berry is a mistake for anyone that lets him go.
                              It's a dowards/sideways move. The pay is the lowest I've had in a while, but it isn't a major problem compared to not having a job at all.

But it is related to computing. Cable installation into newly constructed or in progress construction sites. For the first time in my life I'll be wearing a hard hat. The main advantage is that I will have a better understanding of infrastructure like I've never had before. Oh, and I'll be outside all summer long. rah! I've decided to get my BA in Computer Science, and as late fall approaches, I'll get fewer hours just in time for school.

This could be one of the best things to have happened to me in a while.
                              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Working...
                              X