Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bird's Eye Sees Earth's Magnetic Lines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird's Eye Sees Earth's Magnetic Lines...

May 13, 2004 — Migrating birds may get their internal compass through a chemical reaction induced by the Earth's magnetic field rather than through magnetic material in their beaks, as the conventional theory holds, suggests a new study published in the journal Nature.

"Migratory birds have long been known to possess a magnetic compass that helps them find the correct direction during their migratory flights," said lead author of the study Thorsten Ritz, a physicist at the University of California, Irvine, in a press release.
    \"No, I think Space is a dimension of Time. My theory is that Time is a field and that Space exists as an aspect of Time.\" Michael Moorcock

\"All I know about anything is \"I wasn\'t. I am. I will not be.\" Michael Moorcock
Working...
X