Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The thingfish thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thingfish thread

I know that not everybody visits Sonic Attack, so I have taken the liberty of lifting this post from thingfish and copying it here:

Originally posted by thingfish
    Health is not bad,i am going back in on Thursday for an operation to stop the onset of a condition called Huntingtons Disease.
    Its quite a major operation and involves human nerve stem cells being inserted into my brain so i will be in for about 10 days.
    Im kinda brickin it because i will be awake throughout and my head gets strapped into this weird cage like device to stop it from moving,a near impossible task to ask of a headbanger
    But hey,i"ve been in tighter spots.
    I'm sure that many people will want to join me in wishing our very own Scottish Mad Axeman all the very best and a speedy recovery.

Originally posted by johneffay View Post
    I'm sure that many people will want to join me in wishing our very own Scottish Mad Axeman all the very best and a speedy recovery.
    Damn right, John! thingfish is one of the people who keeps this site ticking over, and he's always good for a bit of banter. He's got damn good taste in music, too!

Hoping for a successful treatment and quick recovery for you, tf.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Hey thingfish, I'll take a moment each day and send you some vibes. You'll know I've sent them when you think of me sending them.
      Infinite complexity according to simple rules.

Comment

Best wishes for the operation, thingfish. Hope it all goes well and you're back here participating in the 'Game of the Multiverse' before long.
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Best wishes Thingfish. You're the man.

This site moves fast when you're on

Hope you get better quick as possible

Comment

A full and speedy recovery, thingfish.
            Ani Maamin B'emunah Sh'leimah B'viyat Hamashiach. V'af al pi sheyitmahmehah im kol zeh achake lo b'chol yom sheyavo.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Phillip K. Dick

Comment

Thingfish: Lots of good vibes coming your way from NY state.

All the best,

Des
              Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

As I said in the other thread, God will that it takes. I'm already thinking good thoughts for you my friend.
                Kevin McCabe
                The future is there, looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become. William Gibson

Comment

Get Well Soon, thingfish!
                  "I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing." Anais Nin

Comment

never fails... ive been asking for a lobotomy for years and santa gives it to the wrong person...

oh well...
                    best of luck and take pictures lol
                    XXVIII

Truth - We are not Free.
                    Dogma - We must obey.

Comment

TF - as I've already mentioned on the other thead, but some things are worth repeating for good and proper reasons, all the best my friend. I am sending you good thoughts from here at the edge of the world, well - er the edge of Scotland!

Take it easy and you'll be back at the Multiverse in no time

Comment

Best of luck mate. Get well soon.
                        The world is full of kings and queens,
                        who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.

Comment

Yep best wishes from this god forsaken part of hades aswel
                          A sailor on the seas of fate?.I'm more a discarded beer can tossed into the sea by a careless god after a beach party.

Comment

Thanx all!!
                            Every single one of you fine lads and lassies words are deeply appreciated.
                            I will be back in action hopefully in about 10 days so i dont want to see any slacking
                            As the great William Topaz McGonagall once said-

"Never underestimate a dead horse"

Seriously though,

All the best!
                            "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

The fact that you just compared yourself to a dead horse is kinda weird... disturbing in a kinda cute way... lol

you better come back... dont let them clone you or take out the part of your brain that remembers us....

*waaaail*

I dont know whats up with the sudden rush of affection... im crazy
                              XXVIII

Truth - We are not Free.
                              Dogma - We must obey.

Comment

Working...
                              X