Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

BIRTHDAYS WEDDINGDAYS et al.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIRTHDAYS WEDDINGDAYS et al.

Let's start with Alexa who wrote in the "How old are you ?" thread:
    Originally posted by Alexa

Sorry! Forgot to tell my age (Iآ´m not hiding). I'm 17, but will be 18 next wednesday ^_~
    So then
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALEXA!
    FELIZ CUMPLEAŇOS y un monton de besitos para tأ­

It is next Wednesday! And 18th is something special, right?

Hey, can anybody post some birthday cakes and candles to make this really colourful? Or one of your genial designs, D?

L'Etranger
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Damn! LEtranger, you beat me to it! :lol:
      I had already copied that quote and was about to start a new topic when I clicked on this one. Ah, you have that time difference on me.

Well,

Ahem,

As we sing here in the States,

Happy Birthday to you,
      Happy Birthday to you,
      Happy Birthday dear Alexa,
      Happy Birthday to you!

Cheers!
      When they had advanced together to meet on common
      ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
      and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
      each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
      mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
      killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Happy Birthday, Alexa! :D
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Happy Birthday, Alexa!

Now pretend I posted a graphic as clever as Etive's. :lol:

Comment

Many Happy Returns - now go out and get roaring drunk, and stop wasting your time on-line today! :lol:
            \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Happy birthday, Alexa!

Comment

Well then! Grattis pأ¥ Fأ¶delsdagen Alexa! Like we say here in sweden..

Comment

Well, as we say when using an atrocious Scottish accent:

Hoppy Birrrrrrthdey, tew Yew (sorry, don't know where that came from)
                  :D :D

Eighteen, eh? I remember eighteen . . . :)
                  Madness is always the best armor against Reality

Comment

Originally posted by DeepFixer

Eighteen, eh? I remember eighteen . . . :)
                    Yeah, I guess I remember eighteen. Just not much since.

Comment

Actually, I don't remember. My birthday is late in the year. I was up at college for the first time, and I had been there a grand total of three days when I turned 18. I don't remember much after about 2 in the afternoon, and I woke up in the hallway wearing only a towel at about 5 am.

Comment

When I turned 18, I was in Marine Corps bootcamp. We were in "second phase" and out in the field, doing the field training portion of "basic." I got an unusually high volume of mail that day (lots of b-day cards) and my #1 lady friend at the time Julia tried to get me in trouble! She sent me an envelope with a bunch of stickers and smiley faces on it. When we recruits got envelopes like that, the drill instructors liked to punish us for that "sissy" stuff.
                        "Oh recruit <insert name>! Look at this pretty little envelope! Is it from your girlfriend, Suzy Rottencrotch? Look at the cute little stars and smiley faces! You little pussy! Get on the parade deck now, and give me 50 push ups and 100 bend and thrusts! MOVE!"
                        Well when Julia sent me that "flamboyant" envelope, I didn't get in trouble. I think my cheif DI, Sgt. Booker knew it was in response for what he told me...
                        One night, I was up reading one of my letters under moonlight, and Booker caught me and snatched the letter from me and started reading it. He made some comments. And then said STTE: "You'd best be getting some sleep, Radoc, instead of reading your girfriend's boring-ass letters."
                        I wrote her telling he he said that, and she responded by sending a very decorated b-day card envelope. Lucky me, didn't get punished.

If you send any recruits packages, don't send them big packages with food in it! I've seen recruits having to rip them open, and having to eat an entire large package of cookies then and there, in one sitting! Uck!

To see a great movie depiction of USMC boot camp, watch Stanley Kubric's "Full Metal Jacket." Old school USMC-- the uniforms differ from my generation (i was at MCRD- San Diego in 1988), but the feel and intensity is the same.
                        \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                        Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Thank you very much!!
                          Well, this was a special day! Though my birthday was wednesday, I made my party on saturday (you know... school). It was a little party, with just a few friends, but it was great. Got many presents, so I'm happy! (Specially because now that I'm 18, I'm gonna be able to go to the premiere of Elric movie even if it is R rated ^^. Oh, by the way, my boyfriend gave me an albino bunny, he said "Since you're kinda obsessed with this Elric guy and I wouldn't get an albino melnibonean sorcerer for you; I got this for you"; I wanted to name it Elric, but it's a she... so she'll be Oona. ^^
                          Sweet moons!

Comment

Glad to hear that you had a great time Alexa.

Also nice to hear about your "poorly-pigmented pet"! :mrgreen:

Comment

Congratulations on your party and your new pet. That's a good present. Your boyfriend sounds very thoughtful.

Comment

Working...
                              X