Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Exited Consumer! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Exited Consumer! :)

*Lol*

I've been busy during my week off... I've ordered some STUFF to record music at home on the PC.. First i ordered a Guitar Port from Line 6. Then i ordered Cubase SE. And i'm also waiting for Drumkit from Hell sample discs... I'm up for a new guitar soon! An Epiphone Flying V Goth. I'll be a raving lunatic in my own apartment making metal songs and riding on the Megaflow. HIYAAAAAA!!!!

Anyone care to comment?! :)

I'll be posting some lyrics later on.. as i'll do mostly all the stuff myself.
    Hopefully i'll also find a band for the material..

Congratulations and good luck!

Comment

Re: The Exited Consumer! :)

Originally posted by Theocrat
      *Lol*

I've been busy during my week off... I've ordered some STUFF to record music at home on the PC.. First i ordered a Guitar Port from Line 6. Then i ordered Cubase SE. And i'm also waiting for Drumkit from Hell sample discs... I'm up for a new guitar soon! An Epiphone Flying V Goth. I'll be a raving lunatic in my own apartment making metal songs and riding on the Megaflow. HIYAAAAAA!!!!

Anyone care to comment?! :)
      Sweden gave us ABBA, so why not this too?!

Yes, Good Luck!
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Apparently my fingers are too short to for me to play guitar properly, so I say "poop" to you. Of course, I'd love to be an axe-wielding rock-god, but I doubt it's going to happen now. It's just a shame that huge crowds of adoring fans won't come out to watch me draw cartoons live on stage (although the delirious screaming and flying underwear might be quite distracting when I'd doing something tricky like hands or feet).

Still, those about to rock, we salute you!!

D...
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Just out of curiosity, and in case any of you happen to know: how much would a decent digital home studio cost and what would be involved in creating one? What kind of hardware is needed? What kind of software? Do you need to build or modify a room for sound recording? If not, why not?

Comment

A decent digital home studio would cost you your entire ability to interact with an audience, Krunky. Get out there and get real.

( but don't blame me if you become a Robbie Williams tribute act..) :roll:
            \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Originally posted by krunky
              Just out of curiosity, and in case any of you happen to know: how much would a decent digital home studio cost and what would be involved in creating one? What kind of hardware is needed? What kind of software? Do you need to build or modify a room for sound recording? If not, why not?
              Depends on what you want to record really.
              What music do YOU wanna create?

I for instance am gonna make metal music mostly.. Or guitar based music. My setup is gonna be:

Cubase/SE = 1495 SEK
              Drumkit From Hell 2 = ca 1000 SEK
              Guitar Port = 1895 SEK

Total = 4390 SEK = Ca 572 US$

I don't have to 'mike record' my amp since guitar port perfectly simulates the airiness of a real miked amp. I can also choose which type of mike i wanna use and how far away from the amp i want it. And i can also choose from a multitude of Pre-amps and cabinets & multipel effects.
              And one more important thing it reduces humming drastically.
              I just plug it into the USB port of my computer..

'Drumkit From Hell' is the coolest and best Drummachine around.. you can look it up at 'toontracker.com' it's also cheap for it's power in dynamics and ambience (mike bleeding).. And HEAY! Swedes made it.. :)

For recording clean vocals an isolated room is prefered like a roomy closet or the bathroom maybe, to get some other background noises blocked out.. And an active mike is best for that.

Look up cubase.com for hardware specs.

I for one am getting more memory! And i think another hardrive preferably, SCSI i think.

Comment

Originally posted by zakt
                A decent digital home studio would cost you your entire ability to interact with an audience, Krunky. Get out there and get real.

( but don't blame me if you become a Robbie Williams tribute act..) :roll:
                First of all i don't think you understand what my intentions and many other artists are with creating a home studio. I use it to store workable material that might be of use later on. To delegate to other people to see if they are interested to further it with their own contributions and ideas.
                It's a great way of getting the right people interested as well as coming up with a concept or concepts. But the audience is something thats to be worked out later with the band or bands.

Robbie williams? Pleazzzzeee...

Comment

I've got a set-up that matches my budget.

I do my tracking, mixing, mp3 coding, etc in Audacity.

I do my sequencing with Modplug Tracker.

Total cost = $0

Mind you, the guitars, signal processors, microphones, etc that you have to have to get a decent sounding signal into the computer in the first place will cost you a bundle.

Comment

Sheeesh!

Money's not a problem for me really... Not for now anyway..
                    Being single and working in the steel industry in sweden gives good wages.. Well at least where i work.. Well it matches my budget...
                    As you say..

I also use Audacity for finecutting my samples i record with Cubase SE
                    For now i use fruityloops for tracking drums and bass. The result is really good.. if i use DFH samples... Found a "Boo Bass" that works fine even for speed metal somewhat..

Well Modplug is free... but i've had enough of shoddy built trackers since i did home recordings with the amiga, then tried FT2, Madtracker for PC.
                    Fruityloops is ok but needs work on arranging tempo variations

But hey... i'm all alone for now, since drummers are really scarce where i live, they either suck or are hooked into something which i am not..
                    But home recording is a great way to get down your ideas.
                    I have a mic somewhere... dunno if it really worx though!?
                    But really good ones are quite cheap here.. And the music store is an awesome place for haggling.

Comment

Yeah, sorry Theocrat, there was a bit of the Luddite in the previous comment, coming from one with neither the time, the money or the know-how to do all that fiddly stuff. :oops:
                      \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Working...
                      X