Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

I love Suzi! Er...Sushi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love Suzi! Er...Sushi!

'Naked sushi' restaurant fined

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3641777.stm

A restaurant in south-west China has been fined for offering to serve sushi on the bodies of nearly-naked women, according to media reports.

---------------------------

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to civilization...

I can't help applauding that decision, which is strange... I like sushi, and I like naked women, but the two combined? Not so much.

I feel ashamed enough being waited on in a restaurant as it is. The social guilt of using another human being as a table would be far too much to bear. My politeness-duct might explode under the pressure. Still, perhaps we should be grateful it was cold food they were serving.

"They also said the women used to display the sushi were not suitably dressed for restaurant employees."

There was nowhere for them to pin their name badges, so you could see how many gold stars they'd earned (which gives you an idea as to the quality of "restaurants" I usually frequent).

D...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I read about this a while back and was immediately reminded of the 1986 book by Kitty Kelley, His Way, about Frank Sinatra -- specifically his act of eating steak and eggs off the chest of a prostitute. Guess ol' blue eyes would have loved this joint huh?
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Dude, are you saying he took a fork and knife to someone's chest? Or was there at least a plate in between? How did he eat the steak? Did he use steak sauce?

:)

What's weird is that I can see the naked body, Sushi thing as love play between lovers - although I personally do not mix food and sexual pleasure, not quite like that. I can't get into the banana, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream thing either - freaks me out. I would certainly never do anything like any of that with a stranger being paid to do it!

Call me old fashioned but I like wine, cheese, crackers, and fruit picnics,stuff like that is romantic.

The Lady and the Tramp meeting in a kiss after eating the same noodle, that's just gross.

Comment

Well, Kelley's writing is very tabloidesque. Not sure how much you can take at face value, but I gathered he ate straight off her body...

That said, I can believe he ate off a call girl, but the idea that there was no plate is something I might question. Could be an example of a true story being embellished into a false one.

Re: Naked Sushi

1. Do you think the naughty bits get uncovered first, or do you think they put inedible gross things there to discourage uncovering?

2. What if you kept grabbing at a particular piece of yummy-looking sushi that turned out to be a body part? Would the woman tell you, "That's not sushi, that's my nipple!" or is it her job to lay there and be quiet?

3. Wonder how the beverages are served!? 8O

Comment

Originally posted by krunky
            although I personally do not mix food and sexual pleasure, not quite like that. I can't get into the banana, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream thing either - freaks me out.
            I know what you mean. Either you're making love or you're having lunch... make up your mind! That reminds me of the episode of 'Seinfeld' where George tries to sneak a sandwiche and a miniature TV into bed with his girlfriend, so he can combine sex, food and TV all in one scary bundle.

Girlf: "What are you doing?"
            George: "Pleasuring you?"

Er... no. But then, if you go to a restaurant, it isn't going to be much of a turn-on either. It just seems deeply wrong. Also, of course, you wouldn't be able to do it with women eating off of a man, because... well, it might get a little bit like 'Buckaroo'.

D...

Comment

Originally posted by krunky
              although I personally do not mix food and sexual pleasure, not quite like that. I can't get into the banana, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream thing either - freaks me out.
              I know what you mean. Either you're making love or you're having lunch... make up your mind! That reminds me of the episode of 'Seinfeld' where George tries to sneak a sandwich and a miniature TV into bed with his girlfriend, so he can combine sex, food and TV all in one scary bundle.

Girlf: "What are you doing?"
              George: "Pleasuring you?"

Er... no. But then, if you go to a restaurant, it isn't going to be much of a turn-on either. It just seems deeply wrong. Also, of course, you wouldn't be able to do it with women eating off of a man, because... well, it might get a little bit like 'Buckaroo'.

D...

Comment

this has been going on for years in New York and Seattle

Manhattan Caterer Uses Naked Woman as Platter
                Run Date: 01/18/03

NEW YORK (WOMENSENEWS)--Manhattan catering company and self-proclaimed art installation group Raw Catering offers a sushi bar and raw buffet served off of a naked woman.

The buffet, available for corporate and private events, showcases a naked woman posing motionless on a mirrored table while chef Chris Leahy squirts condiments and dipping sauces onto her and then arranges a buffet around her. The partygoers are then invited to eat the food off of her body and admire the view.

The model must also interact with guests to encourage them to eat the food. "She has to know the menu and be able to answer questions like, 'what's this on your ankle,' or 'what's this on your leg,'" said Raw Catering co-founder Andrew Hagene. "She can't be rigid. She has to work it to sell."

Hagene admits the event "is something that could very easily turn into something raunchy," but said the installation is culinary art. "We call ourselves a performance art group because it is a performance," he said. "You see Chris manipulate the food, the model, everything else."

Hagene said he and partner Leahy get very little criticism for what they do, and they don't see their work as demeaning. "If we served whipped cream and cherries, I'd say you had a pretty good argument," he said, "but this is quality food."

--Holly J. Russel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information:
                Raw Catering:
                http://www.rawcatering.com

Comment

Wow, here it is right in my own city!

And it seems they're getting in trouble for it, too!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._sushi11m.html

"...across town on the campus of the University of Washington, eight activists, mostly Asian-American women, express outrage at what they call the prostitution of sushi..."

The Prostitution of Sushi. :lol: Sounds like a great name for a Primus album.

Comment

Well, as far as I can see McDonald's seem to be getting pretty desperate for new ideas. How long will it be before we see McNudie bars? (I just thought of a joke about "going large", but I'm too ashamed to make it).

D...

Comment

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
                      I just thought of a joke about "going large", but I'm too ashamed to make it.
                      Hmmm, not too ashamed to tell us the give-away punchline, evidently. :D

Comment

C'mon, this guy regularly exposes his extraneous third nipple! He has no shame...

Comment

Hey! There's no such things as an "extraneous" nipple... they're all good for something. For all you know, it might help me see in to the future!

D...

Comment

You can never have to many nipples.

Primus sucks.

Comment

Gesundheit!
                              Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                              X