Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moving to OHIO!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ThanosShadowsage
    replied
    Bah, being old has nothing to do with it! I'm sure Mike still knows how to get down and funky! Wife and kids is a bit of a problem. Going clubing should be with wife... but then who would watch kids? How old are they? It's time for them to get jobs I say! Kick 'em out! Just kidding :lol:

I gotta run, we're leaving very soon.

Thanos

Leave a comment:

• VonWeiner
    replied
    Originally posted by ThanosShadowsage
    Sadly 1470 West (the club I was talking about in my Drag Queens post in the Q&A) is going out of business. Some friends and I are going tonight and it'll be our last time (the actual last night is tomorrow, Sunday, but tonight is thought to be the bigger night). Pity you won't be able to go Von! Are there any good Clubs in Colombus?

Thanos
    What color lipstick are you going to wear? hehehehe

But seriously, I am an old man Thanos. Its been awhile since I went clubbin'. Any clubs I used to go to are probably closed now.

Its that darned wife & kids thing. :lol:

I'll be up that way at the end of June. I'll shoot you an email for sure when I'm in town.

Leave a comment:

• ThanosShadowsage
    replied
    Sadly 1470 West (the club I was talking about in my Drag Queens post in the Q&A) is going out of business. Some friends and I are going tonight and it'll be our last time (the actual last night is tomorrow, Sunday, but tonight is thought to be the bigger night). Pity you won't be able to go Von! Are there any good Clubs in Columbus?

Thanos

Leave a comment:

• ThanosShadowsage
    replied
    I'm there.

Leave a comment:

• marinagh
    replied
    Other things to like about Columbus....

It's home to Origins, one of the country's two largest gaming fests (GenCon being the other one). Mainly a gaming event with lots of boardgames and RPG's and usually quite a lot of fantasy/sci-fi content, especially among the trade exhibitors. Worth a look if you're at a loose end the weekend of June 24 (info at the link posted above). They usually have some interesting guests of honour. I believe this year they have a hobbit.

Leave a comment:

• ThanosShadowsage
    replied
    Well,

Almost all of my stuff is moved in. Just have a TV stand and my books/bookshelf to bring. Then we have to move more of my girlfriend's stuff in, but that's no problem. She's moving from her parents' house which is less than 5 minutes away. Which is great... like her mom and we can use their washer/dryer and their internet. So all is well.

Thanos

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by VonWeiner
    Well, that is nice to hear. Most people look at Columbus as a "cow-town", but I think it is really wonderful. Many things you'd find in any large city, but with a small town feel. Plus there are many large universities in town which gives it a progressive, open-minded feel. I lived there for over twenty years and will be glad to get back. Its a nice place to live and the people are geniunely friendly. I'm counting down the days.
    My wife grew up in Westerville, and her biggest pet peave is for people to call Columbus a "cow-town." I laughed out loud when I read that.

I think you're right about it having everything a large city has, except with a small town feel. It seems so different than any other city around there, especially Cincinnati and Cleaveland, which many people think are Ohio's "real" cities. If that's city life, I'd take the cow town, too. There are more vital ideas in Columbus than maybe any other city in the midwest. Maybe that's why the people are great- and I'll bet they're getting better with you moving there.

Leave a comment:

• RCraigRobinson
    replied
    ohioland

welcome to the midwest
    i'll be to your left in indiana
    watch out for the corn
    and enjoy the boredom
    it makes vacations to the coast all the better

Leave a comment:

• VonWeiner
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc
    For what my opinion is worth...

Thanos, Dayton is a great place, especially around UD. Von, Columbus is one of my all-time favorite cities-- a far cry from Houston (in a good way). It seems to get too little respect as a great place to live. I'm a little jealous that you get to move there.

Good luck in Ohio to both of you.
    Well, that is nice to hear. Most people look at Columbus as a "cow-town", but I think it is really wonderful. Many things you'd find in any large city, but with a small town feel. Plus there are many large universities in town which gives it a progressive, open-minded feel. I lived there for over twenty years and will be glad to get back. Its a nice place to live and the people are geniunely friendly. I'm counting down the days.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    For what my opinion is worth...

Thanos, Dayton is a great place, especially around UD. Von, Columbus is one of my all-time favorite cities-- a far cry from Houston (in a good way). It seems to get too little respect as a great place to live. I'm a little jealous that you get to move there.

Good luck in Ohio to both of you.

Leave a comment:

• ThanosShadowsage
    replied
    By the way...

Oh I almost forgot...

I already said I'm a best friend for hire. But I forgot to mention that I am, quite litterally, for hire. Looking for a job that pays 7+/hour in the Dayton area. If anyone knows of or has a position available I'm willing to consider almost anything (too shy to strip, sorry).

Thanos

Leave a comment:

• VonWeiner
    replied
    Re: Avatar

Glad you went back to this Avatar Von. Stop messing around with Marvel characters! They don't do you justice! :twisted:

Thanos
    Yeah, I've always liked this one. Elric looks evil in it. I, like most everyone else, always return to the same avatar. I will keep it up I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• VonWeiner
    replied
    Re: P.S...

P.S....

Von you're a freak, you know that? As of now you've posted well over 600 posts (Edit: Bah... more like 700 now that I look). I on the other hand have posted a 4th of that! And I've been on the message board longer. :P

Thanos

P.P.S. Got an idea... when you hit 1,000 posts you and I will party. We can party before then but hell... it's an excuse to party again. Just try not to hit 1,000 before you're back in Ohio country!
    Yes I am a freak for sure! What can I say, I'm a blabber-mouth. 8O

I'll try not to reach the 1000 point before then. I think I'm just bored here in Texas. All my friends are in Ohio. Although the main reason we are moving back is because my mother is ill and we want to have the grandkids near her. She wasn't that bad off when we moved but things have gotten steadily worse for her (and my dad). Not to depress anyone - we are very happy to be going back to Ohio, its home for us.

We will definitely have to party. No beers, you minor. We'll just have smoke weed! Ha, just kidding again! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• ThanosShadowsage
    replied

Glad you went back to this Avatar Von. Stop messing around with Marvel characters! They don't do you justice! :twisted:

Thanos

Leave a comment:

• VonWeiner
    replied
    Re: The infamous Von Weiner

Just keep in mind I'm still a minor! I'll be 19 on May 25th
    Then I'll bring the beers! Ha, just kidding.

Actually my wife has relatives in around Dayton (Piqua and Troy) so I might be out that way this summer. It all sounds good though. I hope to see you sometime.

Oh in case I forget in May, happy birthday in advance!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X