Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moving to OHIO!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to OHIO!!!

Yep, finally doing it. Moving in with the Mrs.

We've been talking about it for a while now. More or less just trying to figure out how to make it work. Neither of us is really in a position for signing a lease. But appairently her parents are willing to help us out and she found a good place a few blocks from their house in Dayton Ohio. It's only about 350 a month around 400 with utilities. While she's in school her parents will pay her half which only leaves my part. My grandfather has sent a check in the mail for me. Somewhere between 1-1.5k, enough to last me a few months. At least until I find a job.

Speaking of which, know anyone in the Dayton Ohio area? I'm a best friend for hire. Don't know too many people (just my girlfriend's friends). So anyone here who'd like to meet the almost famous Thanos Shadowsage can do so.

Wish me luck pard! Hope all's well on your half of the country.

Peace,

Thanos

Re: Moving to OHIO!!!

Originally posted by ThanosShadowsage
    Yep, finally doing it. Moving in with the Mrs.

We've been talking about it for a while now. More or less just trying to figure out how to make it work. Neither of us is really in a position for signing a lease. But appairently her parents are willing to help us out and she found a good place a few blocks from their house in Dayton Ohio. It's only about 350 a month around 400 with utilities. While she's in school her parents will pay her half which only leaves my part. My grandfather has sent a check in the mail for me. Somewhere between 1-1.5k, enough to last me a few months. At least until I find a job.

Speaking of which, know anyone in the Dayton Ohio area? I'm a best friend for hire. Don't know too many people (just my girlfriend's friends). So anyone here who'd like to meet the almost famous Thanos Shadowsage can do so.

Wish me luck pard! Hope all's well on your half of the country.

Peace,

Thanos
    Hey at the end of June me and the family are moving back to Ohio too! Texas isn't for us. I will be in Columbus bro. We should hook up and party!

You can then meet the infamous VonWeiner.
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

The infamous Von Weiner

Sure thing Von,

Maybe we can hook up at a club or something. Can to give 14's a try? I rather like it. Only been there twice though. Maybe we can go to a drag show. lol

I might be in Kentucky in late June. Not quite sure. My girlfriend and I are going to Red River Gorge with two of our friends sometime in June. I think she said late June but it is up in the air.

But yeah, Columbus isn't far. I'd be willing to take a trip out to see ya. Just keep in mind I'm still a minor! I'll be 19 on May 25th though, will likely throw a party (don't usually do anything - but my girlfriend and her friends are partiers so we'll end up doing something no doubt). You won't be in town yet, otherwise I'd invite you.

Thanos

Comment

P.S...

P.S....

Von you're a freak, you know that? As of now you've posted well over 600 posts (Edit: Bah... more like 700 now that I look). I on the other hand have posted a 4th of that! And I've been on the message board longer. :P

Thanos

P.P.S. Got an idea... when you hit 1,000 posts you and I will party. We can party before then but hell... it's an excuse to party again. Just try not to hit 1,000 before you're back in Ohio country!

Comment

Re: The infamous Von Weiner

Just keep in mind I'm still a minor! I'll be 19 on May 25th
          Then I'll bring the beers! Ha, just kidding.

Actually my wife has relatives in around Dayton (Piqua and Troy) so I might be out that way this summer. It all sounds good though. I hope to see you sometime.

Oh in case I forget in May, happy birthday in advance!

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Glad you went back to this Avatar Von. Stop messing around with Marvel characters! They don't do you justice! :twisted:

Thanos

Comment

Re: P.S...

P.S....

Von you're a freak, you know that? As of now you've posted well over 600 posts (Edit: Bah... more like 700 now that I look). I on the other hand have posted a 4th of that! And I've been on the message board longer. :P

Thanos

P.P.S. Got an idea... when you hit 1,000 posts you and I will party. We can party before then but hell... it's an excuse to party again. Just try not to hit 1,000 before you're back in Ohio country!
              Yes I am a freak for sure! What can I say, I'm a blabber-mouth. 8O

I'll try not to reach the 1000 point before then. I think I'm just bored here in Texas. All my friends are in Ohio. Although the main reason we are moving back is because my mother is ill and we want to have the grandkids near her. She wasn't that bad off when we moved but things have gotten steadily worse for her (and my dad). Not to depress anyone - we are very happy to be going back to Ohio, its home for us.

We will definitely have to party. No beers, you minor. We'll just have smoke weed! Ha, just kidding again! :lol:

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Re: Avatar

Glad you went back to this Avatar Von. Stop messing around with Marvel characters! They don't do you justice! :twisted:

Thanos
                Yeah, I've always liked this one. Elric looks evil in it. I, like most everyone else, always return to the same avatar. I will keep it up I'm sure.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

By the way...

Oh I almost forgot...

I already said I'm a best friend for hire. But I forgot to mention that I am, quite litterally, for hire. Looking for a job that pays 7+/hour in the Dayton area. If anyone knows of or has a position available I'm willing to consider almost anything (too shy to strip, sorry).

Thanos

Comment

For what my opinion is worth...

Thanos, Dayton is a great place, especially around UD. Von, Columbus is one of my all-time favorite cities-- a far cry from Houston (in a good way). It seems to get too little respect as a great place to live. I'm a little jealous that you get to move there.

Good luck in Ohio to both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                      For what my opinion is worth...

Thanos, Dayton is a great place, especially around UD. Von, Columbus is one of my all-time favorite cities-- a far cry from Houston (in a good way). It seems to get too little respect as a great place to live. I'm a little jealous that you get to move there.

Good luck in Ohio to both of you.
                      Well, that is nice to hear. Most people look at Columbus as a "cow-town", but I think it is really wonderful. Many things you'd find in any large city, but with a small town feel. Plus there are many large universities in town which gives it a progressive, open-minded feel. I lived there for over twenty years and will be glad to get back. Its a nice place to live and the people are geniunely friendly. I'm counting down the days.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

ohioland

welcome to the midwest
                        i'll be to your left in indiana
                        watch out for the corn
                        and enjoy the boredom
                        it makes vacations to the coast all the better

Comment

Originally posted by VonWeiner
                          Well, that is nice to hear. Most people look at Columbus as a "cow-town", but I think it is really wonderful. Many things you'd find in any large city, but with a small town feel. Plus there are many large universities in town which gives it a progressive, open-minded feel. I lived there for over twenty years and will be glad to get back. Its a nice place to live and the people are geniunely friendly. I'm counting down the days.
                          My wife grew up in Westerville, and her biggest pet peave is for people to call Columbus a "cow-town." I laughed out loud when I read that.

I think you're right about it having everything a large city has, except with a small town feel. It seems so different than any other city around there, especially Cincinnati and Cleaveland, which many people think are Ohio's "real" cities. If that's city life, I'd take the cow town, too. There are more vital ideas in Columbus than maybe any other city in the midwest. Maybe that's why the people are great- and I'll bet they're getting better with you moving there.

Comment

Well,

Almost all of my stuff is moved in. Just have a TV stand and my books/bookshelf to bring. Then we have to move more of my girlfriend's stuff in, but that's no problem. She's moving from her parents' house which is less than 5 minutes away. Which is great... like her mom and we can use their washer/dryer and their internet. So all is well.

Thanos

Comment

Other things to like about Columbus....

It's home to Origins, one of the country's two largest gaming fests (GenCon being the other one). Mainly a gaming event with lots of boardgames and RPG's and usually quite a lot of fantasy/sci-fi content, especially among the trade exhibitors. Worth a look if you're at a loose end the weekend of June 24 (info at the link posted above). They usually have some interesting guests of honour. I believe this year they have a hobbit.
                              \"Such confidence, gentlemen, is warming to the heart\".

Comment

Working...
                              X