Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Chocolate That Kicks Your Ass!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate That Kicks Your Ass!!!

Okay, so I had some chocolate today.

It's made in France by Lindt. The label reads: "Excellence Dark Chocolate, Extra Fine, 70% Cocoa" and it will kick your ass! Now, I've got some kinda buzz on - feeling quite wired, a little spacy. It has the slight "bloopy" feel of psychedelic mushrooms.

Recommended.

What the hell is this stuff? What have I been eating that calls itself chocolate before this? And hey, I am like a connoisseur of some of the finer things - its often been Belgian and Swiss chocolate before now. But this stuff is the shit.

I figure 100% cocoa might kill me...

I very much agree, this chocolate has got me through many a difficult assignment and revived me from being half dead where only Kendal Mint Cake has succeeded before!

The stuff has got me looking at cocoa percentages like a teenager looking at alcohol percentages, and led on to other things like Green and Blacks Organic 70% cocoa chocolate with Cherries or Mint-Creme or Hazelnuts.......

But beware Krunky, the flavour of "normal" chocolate gets worse and worse until you can't stand it anymore!

There was some crazy European thing about a law which stops anything with a too low cocoa content calling itself chocolate. It was never passed but should have been......

Or am I just a Cocoa Fascist? :)

Comment

I just had Chocolate with peppercorns. It was pretty swell. I'm not really a chocolate or "sweets" person. I'll eat it if it's in front of me but I don't crave it or buy it.

~Jimm

Comment

I remember the first time an American friend sent me some "candy". The chocolate bars had the same names as the bars I was used to over here, but for some reason they tasted like candles. I'm not sure what the problem with American chocolate is (aside from all the wax), but while I was on holiday there I had to channel my cravings towards Toblerone... which seems to be lovely wherever you go.

I should also just put a plug in here for Fair Trade chocolate, available from Oxfam and the Co-op. It tastes good, and it makes you look all caring and sensitive. Bonus!!

D...
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Yeah, most people here in the States think Hershey's is the epitome of fine chocolate. Gah! I'll eat it because good chocolate can be expensive, but I will be keeping an eye out for this "Lindt" chocolate of which krunky speaks. I want my chocolate to make me high!

DeeCrowSeer, I with you on the Toblerone. Available almost everywhere and made in a land where chocolate is next to holy.
          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Ahhh! Lindt chocolate. Yes it is delicious chocolate goodness. Their milk version is good too. Try doing a search for 'Hotel Chocolat', they produce some good gear. I'm not sure if they deliver internationally, but for all you UK choc-lovers out there, they have a Chocolate Tasting Club – bit expensive though.

Comment

I'd just like to go one further here and point out that my most common source of chocolate is the Lindt choclates that come in a blue label and are formed as little squares with a slightly softer inside. They're sort of like mini truffles. I know what they look like, can't recall the name. I think they are dark chocolate.

But this other 70% cocoa bar is like chocolate from another world. Maybe I'm nuts, but I only had two squares (large but slender sqaures) and I suddenly felt like I needed something to bring me down a little.

It bumps you a little at least.

Freaky.

Comment

I think we need Ass kicking Chocolate.

Like Aversion therapy, everytime you reach for the chocolate bar....electric shock! Eventually, the desire to eat chocolate will be gone...as will the desire to touch woman sexually, have violent thoughs and enjoy Beethoven.

Thats what comes of using a CHOCOLATE ORANGE!

........I deserve death for such a terrible, terrible joke.

Comment

That's okay, manmiles, we'll just have to limit you to only one color of Soylent.

Um, that would be the green, by the way... :twisted:
                  "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                  --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Lindt also make an Excellence 85% chocolate. I had a bar of it today. I can report that it has a real kick and should be consumed my only real hardcore chocolate fans. It's heavy. 8O

It is bitter and reminds me of smoking a monster cigar. I can still taste it.

C.

Comment

Mmmm, chocolate is definitely a feel-good treat. Must look up some of that Lindt stuff.

Comment

O.o
                        Never heard of it before! By the way, I make artistic chocolate, if anybody is ever interested on getting a special piece of my work ^_~
                        Sweet moons!

Comment

In addition to already mentioned goodies like TOBLERONE I would like to recommend

the Nougat pralines "Ildefonso" if you ever come to Austria or if somebody from there asks what to bring.

and

the Truffأ©s, Ganaches and Pralinأ©s of AUER & Cie in Switzerland

and

Feodora in Germany (although there you're best for marzipan products - Niederegger is the brand to try, although local stuff is often worth trying too)

and

in France you will find excellent chocolatiأ©rs at nearly every corner. Try Bonnat, Dufoux or Valrhona products

and

please see the Lasse Hallstrأ¶m movie â€‍Chocolat“ (UK/F/2000) – you wouldnâ€?t find a more delightful 120 Mins. Product Placement than this.

and finally :

if you are chocolate-starved after a tour of the Andes drop by at the ancient Coffee House MAX BIEBER in La Paz and ask for a cup of steaming hot "chocolate caliente" as a reward for weeks of abstention.

L'Etranger

PS. During my childhood diplomat friends would often bring sweets and chocolates from Russia which had very exotic wrappings, but were extremely good. No idea if the tradition there is still alive. Anybody knows about it?
                          Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
                            In addition to already mentioned goodies like TOBLERONE I would like to recommend

the Nougat pralines "Ildefonso" if you ever come to Austria or if somebody from there asks what to bring.

and

the Truffأ©s, Ganaches and Pralinأ©s of AUER & Cie in Switzerland

and

Feodora in Germany (although there you're best for marzipan products - Niederegger is the brand to try, although local stuff is often worth trying too)

and

in France you will find excellent chocolatiأ©rs at nearly every corner. Try Bonnat, Dufoux or Valrhona products

and

please see the Lasse Hallstrأ¶m movie â€‍Chocolat“ (UK/F/2000) – you wouldnâ€?t find a more delightful 120 Mins. Product Placement than this.

and finally :

if you are chocolate-starved after a tour of the Andes drop by at the ancient Coffee House MAX BIEBER in La Paz and ask for a cup of steaming hot "chocolate caliente" as a reward for weeks of abstention.

L'Etranger

PS. During my childhood diplomat friends would often bring sweets and chocolates from Russia which had very exotic wrappings, but were extremely good. No idea if the tradition there is still alive. Anybody knows about it?
                            Have you read the book Chocolat by Joanne Harris which the film is based on?? It's much better than than the flick. Recommended.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsaramara
                              .... (shortened)

Have you read the book Chocolat by Joanne Harris which the film is based on?? It's much better than than the flick. Recommended.

C.
                              No, I haven't read it. The film was good enough, I enjoyed it with my family, because it was so anti-stressful.
                              It's just that there's so much to read that I don't get around with the many, many areas that interest me. But isn't it often the case that the books are even better?
                              Regards,
                              C. (same here really)
                              Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                              X