Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

ITT: Number of visits to this site you make on average.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITT: Number of visits to this site you make on average.

Describe your average frequency of visits, length of stay, content of interest, and if you print pages out. What do you like so far? What feature do you use least often? What's your overall opinion of the site?

This is an informal poll of what you think. I'm looking for critical analysis of what isn't working so I can dispense with it and make room for better content and features.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Hmmm,

I visit about every 15 minutes or so between the hours of 7:00am to 3:00pm cst and then about once an hour between 10:00pm and 2:00am cst. I can stay on for a few minutes to an hour or so (much longer at night).

I am mostly interested in the Q&A, the DGB and the Community Exchange (these are the places I lurk the most), although I always check any new post in any forum (have to get rid of the "new post" symbol flashing at me, taunting me...). I am still exploring parts of the site and with my time spent here I have not yet looked at it all. I mostly visit the Forum. Oh and I read the news threads running in the right column. I have never printed out anything yet. I tend to save things to my drive if I grab content, but I haven't done that much either - I keep it right up here /VonWeiner taps his head

No feature I can point to specifically that I don't use, I guess the ones that don't fall into the above categories.

I love the site. It is a great place to discuss my favorite books/subjects. I enjoy contributing to it very much and would like to more often. It is well laid out, very clean and has plenty of content. I also love the fact that it is a great vehicle for those who want to find a place to display their writing to the public.

I also will mention the obvious - I think being able to "speak" with Michael is really nice. When I first found this site I couldn't believe that "The Michael Moorcock" actually responded to people's questions. Now I know he's just a regular guy like everyone else (regular if you don't include all that writing talent! ). For a person who fell in love with his books long ago, that is nice.
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Oh, it is a bit like the old "Club"*, you show up, add to the general confusion and enjoy being among people who don't stab your back, because the club's main theme is so wonderfully uniting (and girls are allowed in). Great place to visit when time allows (bit of a time-vampire though ...), but I don't intend to live here (family would kick me out and other consequences)
      Keep going!

*Can't we have exclusive club ties? Can Deecrowseer do the design?
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Um... I come here several times an evening and lurk for about an hour... it depends on who else is here and if they're responding to posts I'm interested in or not. If Mr M is here and accusing me of being flatulent, I tend to stick around longer to soak up the attention. So very shallow.

I check the Q&A and Community section more than the Activism or Political stuff, but I'm glad that they're there. One thing I looked at then totally forgot about was the Journal... but that's just me.

This is one of my favourite sites on the net, and I am somewhat addicted. I've never printed anything out, except... [ahem] ... for when people were being nice about my drawings. I had to take copies for my journal.

D...
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I log in every day lately with the time spent here depending on how much has been posted. As a ball park figure probably 1 -2 hrs a day browsing mostly the forum and occasionally some of the other modules if there's any news or updates. The downloads section was cool in that it gave me the opportunity to hear Mike's Deep Fix music and narration of Elric for the first time. The forum is currently my main focus of interest here as it offers the chance to interact dynamically with Mike and his fans from around the world, but I will probably slowly start using the other modules and features more as time goes by.

Comment

I'm here too much, perhaps. It's a sickness, I think, but when your favorite author makes himself so accessable, what can one do but soak it up? :) I tend to hyper-focus on things that greatly interest me, which is probably why I'm here so much.

What I like most, other than the obvious benefit of chatting with Mike driectly, is that his fans tend to be mature and intelligent. Even when there are disagreements, flame wars are next to nonexistant. That's refreshing.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by VonWeiner
              Hmmm,

I visit about every 15 minutes or so between the hours of 7:00am to 3:00pm.
              8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

I try to visit the site once or twice a day - usually at night. I will be in here for anywhere between 10 mins to 2 hrs.
              I'm not a prolific poster by any means, but I do like to keep up to date on what is going on in the Multiverse.
              I like to browse the forum (all topics), Moorcockopedia, and of course - check the web links (will need to do some more :oops: ).
              Overall, I think this is a rather good site for content and for its sense of community.

Comment

I visit periodically throughout the work day. Really whenever I'm sitting around without much to do I'll swing in for a while. Mostly in the AM (around 10am central US time--GMT -6hrs I think).

If I'm involved in a particular thread (the Current Events thread was my big one this week) I'll chack that first, then catch up on anything else that looks interesting. Also, I check DGB and work on my DGB story through the day (chapter 1 is almost ready!!! yay!). I spend anywhere from two hours to five minutes browsing.
                "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by sphinxgod
                  Originally posted by VonWeiner
                  Hmmm,

I visit about every 15 minutes or so between the hours of 7:00am to 3:00pm.
                  8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

I try to visit the site once or twice a day - usually at night. I will be in here for anywhere between 10 mins to 2 hrs.
                  I'm not a prolific poster by any means, but I do like to keep up to date on what is going on in the Multiverse.
                  I like to browse the forum (all topics), Moorcockopedia, and of course - check the web links (will need to do some more :oops: ).
                  Overall, I think this is a rather good site for content and for its sense of community.

I work on my computer and am always multi-tasking (read goofing off!) so I usually have IE open while I'm doing other stuff. I check in here and other places to break the routine. It isn't exactly at 15 minute intervals but probably a few times an hour.
                  When they had advanced together to meet on common
                  ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                  and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                  each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                  mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                  killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

I usually get on once a day, and hang out here hoping people will respond to my posts within the few short hours that I stay. On average I think I stay about 3 hours. (Two of which I've been writing my stories on the fly, as of late)

Thanos

Comment

A few times a week. It's kind of slow as far as BBs go. That's good-things are intimate. I refer exclusively from http://geocities.com/s489x/ so you can track me.

~Jimm

Comment

I usually manage a couple of evenings a week (due to sharing the computer with my wife who uses it for work most evenings and all weekend - selfish teachers). Which means catching up on the Forum and QA, and making loads of posts, and usually going for a single long 3-4 hr session. Not healthy!

Comment

I have a look once or twice a week. It depends on how busy I am.
                          :-) flamingo

Comment

Thank you for your responses. They serve no other purpose than to give one another a feel for usage. See, we have a sort of "anonymous average". A core of people who read and never ever post. Even to this thread. The average user seems to appear from a bookmark, stays for about 5mn-15mn which is 13% of all visitors. You read the Q&A mostly. We can see that you have read popular threads, but I cannot deduce, yet, which articles you read and post within and all those numbers. I know something may have been read, but I don't know that items have an identifiable readership. A sort of secret average.
                            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I've only just arrived, but I have visited every day now for a week. The time just goes. :) I initially found the site with a search for the Elric movie – I couldn't believe it! A forum devoted to Michael Moorcock. It's been a lond time since I read all the books (i'm going to do them all again soon :) ) but I can definitely say they have been the best books I've read. As already mentioned above, the fact that Mr Moorcock posts here is a real bonus.

Also Hawkwind!!!! Another of my great influences. Moorcock and Hawkwind ... pinch me! 8O

Ye gods! A thread to post artwork links as well. What can I say? Not much you can improve on. MUD threads too!

I'm overdosing. :D

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X