Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

AIM Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIM Chat

Recently I've been wondering why I haven't talked to anyone from Multiverse.org online. My AIM is available and I'm more than willing to chat. If we get enough people out there we could even set up our own AIM chatroom for Moorcock-related discussions. Now, it wouldn't be an official chat and I certainly don't want people to think I'm going behind Berry's back in doing this. It's just a way for several AIM users to talk about Mike in a group discussion.

Anyone who is interested in talking to me about almost anything can look up my SN in my profile. I'm an old AOL chat vet. damn things are addictive, used to go into random chats every night for hours on end. Got rid of AOL and got my life back.

Thanos

Thanos, I enjoy on-line chats as they are very spontaneous and, like you, can spend more time than I ought on-line. How do I pick up the software/interface required to log into the AIM network?

Comment

I don't have 'aim' either, I chat on msn though, is it something like that? I am happy to use aim if I knew where to get it, or to chat on msn. My msn contact is listed below.

Comment

You can get it here:

http://www.aim.com/index.adp

:D
        When they had advanced together to meet on common
        ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
        and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
        each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
        mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
        killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Doesn't AIM stand for AOL Instant Messenger?

If so, my name is Jerricho1

Feel free to IM me. I don't chat as much as I used
          to, my life has become terribly busy. but if you want to
          talk Moorcock, fantasy, the world, philosophy, psychology,
          etc. etc. etc.
          I am always willing to chat for at least a little bit! :)
          \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
          Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

AIM

Yes AIM stands for AOL Instant Messenger... so people with AOL can also IM people with AIM (it's the same network, but AIM is just the IMs without the actual internet service/e-mail).

You're on my Buddy List Jerico. The double r in your SN isn't a typo is it? I've got you in there as "Jerrico1."

And yes, AIM is very similar to MSN Messenger and Yahoo Messenger. Sometimes I just wish they all would just say "Hey... why don't we just connect all our networks and have a Mass Messenger service? All their messengers are free. It just makes sence.

Thanos

Comment

Any more?

Anyone else have AIM? So far I've only talked to two people. ;p

Thanos

Comment

For those on MSN who wish to chat with AIM users, you should use Trillian. That's what I use. Search for it at google.
                The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

I agree, Trillian's a great app. I'm 'hagoodjd' on AIM. I don't do a lot of internet chat. I basically have it in order to keep in touch with one friend of mine who lives about an hour away. But I do spend a lot of time bored at work staring at a computer, so I guess a chat with some of you guys would be cool. Anyway, look me up.

Comment

Re: AIM

Originally posted by ThanosShadowsage
                    You're on my Buddy List Jerico. The double r in your SN isn't a typo is it? I've got you in there as "Jerrico1."

Thanos
                    Oops, Thanos, better change it to Jerricho1 otherwise you'll wait for ages to show up on your buddy list.
                    Best,
                    L'E
                    Google ergo sum

Comment

I'm now on AIM as "Rotwangsrobot" I would like to talk to some people from this site sometime.

:)

Comment

Originally posted by Etive
                        I'm now on AIM as "Rotwangsrobot" I would like to talk to some people from this site sometime.

:)
                        Is "Rotwangsrobot" a bat species? Or a turtle?
                        Saw your educative "Bat Movie", nice idea - any inspirations by Kenneth Oppel's "Silverwing" or "Sunwing" books? Loved those...

L'Etranger
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

I have just looked up those books. They appear to be a good present idea for the batty kids I wrote the movie for, cheers 8)

"Rotwangsrobot" is to do with the film "Metropolis" which is one of my favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by Etive
                            I have just looked up those books. They appear to be a good present idea for the batty kids I wrote the movie for, cheers 8)

"Rotwangsrobot" is to do with the film "Metropolis" which is one of my favourites.

re. SILVERWING and SUNWING by Kenneth Oppel
                            Oh, you're bound to enjoy those books tremendously as an adult too! The many layers that are nearly a sociological study and the philosophic aspects are more for a maturer reader while the adventure/suspense level is fine for kids from 12 upwards.

I was thinking of the Trachemys Scripta Elegans - the Red-eared Turtle - because of your nature commitments. But of course Rudolf Klein-Rogge's part of the scientist-sorcerer Rotwang (Red-Cheek) in Metroplis is haunting in a way.
                            Google ergo sum

Comment

I make breif appearances
                              on Yahoo! Instant Messenger.
                              Sometimes I can appear on
                              web cam on that one!
                              I might allow you to view me
                              typing away, especially if you are
                              a lady. ;) I am retired from stripping
                              though, with good reason! :lol:

Jerriko2001AD
                              \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                              Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Working...
                              X