Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

DeeCrowSeer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeeCrowSeer!!!

Holy crap... that's friggen hillarious Dee! I'm the kind of person that puts a huge value on humor and when I saw the avatar you made I cracked up! Just wanted to comploment you on a truely bitchin pic.

For those of you who haven't seen it, it is a picture of a gallows and above it it says "Time Travel the Hard Way"!!! (ala Dancers at the End of Time, read it... it's good)

Thanos

(I just went ahead and edited the post to correct my earlier mistake)

Hmmm...

Perhaps we should have some sort of custom avatar contest? What think you Berry?

Thanos

Comment

Akk!

I must amend my earlier statement. I hadn't checked the avatar lists. Great work DeeCrowSeer. I hadn't seen anyone else using it so I assumed it was Omaru's handywork. All statements stand... just put you name where it's needed Dee. ;)

Thanos

Comment

Hey, I just saw this thread change titles right before my eyes!

Thank you, but I think Omaru deserves some credit for being nice enough to use one of my avatars.

Some times the simplest ideas are... well, the quickest.

D...
        "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

I'm not sure a contest will work. What would be better would be a campaign to find artists and invite them to submit an avatar pack of 10 to 30 avatars.

So if you know an artist who can contribute 10 to 30 avatars of no more than 80 pixels by 80 pixels and weighted at 10k or less, go find them, tell them and show them. The avatars must be in jpg or gif format. Then we'll start installing those packs. They'll get credit in the Credits portion of the site. We can't buy them. I can't help them with technical issues. They have to email them to me at b[email protected].

Spread this thread.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hey, thanks for supplying the avatars! I really like this one.

Comment

A rose by anyother name...

This is rather trivial, but it just goes to show how my brain works (plus I just wanted to get it off my chest). DeeCrowSeer always looks like "DeeCowSeer" when I read it... I think I mistook the name for Cow about a month until I noticed the R. I've recently been told that I probably have ADD (which is why I can never concentrate on a test, my writing/artwork long enough to get anything finished). The exact phrase was ADD/Perfectionist... which is a terrible combination.

Thanos

Comment

I've recently been told that I probably have ADD (which is why I can never concentrate on a test, my writing/artwork long enough to get anything finished).
                I'm with you, Thanos. I'm an artist/graphic designer with severe ADHD and it does make projects difficult to finish. Fortunately, my growling stomach keeps me on track with the paying projects.

I think I'd like to work on an avatar pack. That sounds like fun... if I can actually finish it. :lol:

Berry, say I do make an avatar pack, do I just e-mail you with it?
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

E-mail Berry

Yeah, you do just e-mail him. His mail is bls at multiverse.org. I didn't make that in standard form because it could result in him getting a lot of junk mail from the programs that automatically search for addresses in message boards.

Thanos

Comment

Re: E-mail Berry

Originally posted by ThanosShadowsage
                    Yeah, you do just e-mail him. His mail is bls at multiverse.org. I didn't make that in standard form because it could result in him getting a lot of junk mail from the programs that automatically search for addresses in message boards.

Thanos
                    This is the correct answer.
                    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Geopardy!

Wow... looks like I'm on a roll. Two correct answers so far (re: Samurai Jack). Do I win any fabulous prizes? Like an all expence paid vacation to...? :D

Thanos

Comment

Re: A rose by anyother name...

This is rather trivial, but it just goes to show how my brain works (plus I just wanted to get it off my chest). DeeCrowSeer always looks like "DeeCowSeer" when I read it... I think I mistook the name for Cow about a month until I noticed the R.
                        I'm trying to work out which is worse... a "crow seer" or a "cow seer". Crows come in "murders", and that's pretty sinister... whereas cows just tell you whether it's going to rain or not (depending on whether they're stood up or lying down)... either one is better than seeing dead people I suppose.

On a more serious matter, I'm a great believer in the power of meditation, and was wondering if such techniques were of any use to people with ADD? I found "breath counting" very helpful when I was losing weight, but that isn't really the same sort of thing.

I know this is rather tenuous, but one of my favourite albums EVER is "Duke Lion Fights the Terror" by Wes Borland (ex-guitarist with Limp Bizkit), who also has ADD. I'm not sure if there's a connection between his "condition" and the fact he was the only good thing to come out of Limp Bizkit, but you never know.

D...

Comment

Meditation

Yes, actually I find that it does help. I do it off and on. The main problem with me (and I'm not sure if it is related to the ADD or not) is that I can never seem to follow through with things. I was training my psychic abilities for a while - got real results which were both freaky and pleasing - but stopped for no appairent reason. I also started meditating every night for a while... stopped after a week.

Now I just do everything spastically. I find it difficult to meditate however, can't turn my brain off. But someone gave my a good pointer which I like - don't turn your brain off but overwhelm it. Works for me, I enjoy overwhleming things - taste, smell, etc. When I burn insents I usally burn two or three in a small room. It will eventually kill my nose, but I love it. And when I eat I love spicy things. So, when I meditate I usually have music, walk in a circle, etc. The key is to just not think about any of it and just let it all wash over you. It's like being one with a chaotic environment. You just forget the self.

Thanos

Comment

Re: Meditation

I find it difficult to meditate however, can't turn my brain off. But someone gave my a good pointer which I like - don't turn your brain off but overwhelm it. Works for me, I enjoy overwhleming things - taste, smell, etc. When I burn insents I usally burn two or three in a small room. It will eventually kill my nose, but I love it. And when I eat I love spicy things. So, when I meditate I usually have music, walk in a circle, etc. The key is to just not think about any of it and just let it all wash over you. It's like being one with a chaotic environment. You just forget the self.
                            Interesting. I had read about "physical" meditation before, but was far too lazy to try it... which is a shame because that probably would have helped my weight-loss go a lot faster! I've also read about slightly fanatical religious types who whip themselves to achieve the same sort of effect, but I don't think I'll be trying that...

I used to meditate every day, but then I started working an earlier shift and fell out of the habit. Still, most sources tend towards the opinion that there are times when you're more "spiritual" and others when you are more engaged with the everyday world. Neither is "wrong", but (as with most things) a balance is desirable.

D...

Comment

Working...
                            X