Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

First Edition GLORIANA Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Edition GLORIANA Auction

It's auction time again!

[broken link]
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-21-2010, 02:09 PM.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Hi Berry,
    I guess I won this one? Let me know who to send the money to and I'll get it out as soon as I can.
    Thank you very much,
    Ken
    Ken Boorman
    Purveyor of the Runestaff and Stormbringer Legends

Comment

I was out of cash

I bought the 1st ed Stormbringer from Jayde Design, so the other book just wasn't in the budget (nice way of saying my wife wouldn't let me go any higher than 50 :lol: )

Ah well, enjoy Ken. Good for you!
      When they had advanced together to meet on common
      ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
      and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
      each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
      mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
      killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Thanks Von. My wife doesn't know about this one yet actually 8O
        I'm trying to come up with a good reason/excuse for getting it :lol:
        Oh well, it's for a good cause
        Ken Boorman

Comment

LMAO!

Ah marriage is fun!. I spent about $100 on the Stormbringer two weeks ago so my wife (AKA the boss) said no way buddy. I do love her though 8O

Oh well, if she didn't stop me I'd spend every penny! :lol:
          When they had advanced together to meet on common
          ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
          and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
          each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
          mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
          killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Hi Berry,
            How are the plans going for that thing we discussed on MSN? Anything set up yet?
            Ken
            Ken Boorman

Comment

The ball is rolling. So sorry for the delay. Did you get your fist book yet?

Originally posted by KenBoorman
              Hi Berry,
              How are the plans going for that thing we discussed on MSN? Anything set up yet?
              Ken
              The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Hi Berry,
                It arrived today! Thank you. I was going to message you and tell you tonight. Thanks to you and especially Michael for it.
                Ken
                Ken Boorman

Comment

Berry:

Could we have images to go with these auctions? I think I have 3 copies of Gloriana already (including a "loaner" copy which I lend to people), but I would like to have seen the cover of the auctioned item.

I realize it's a done deal. Still curious now and for the future...

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't. I don't possess the book. I'll try to get the ISBN so you can search for the cover. But they belong to Michael and I never touch them.

The irony of all this is that I can't afford to bid on any of our auctions here, because I can't afford it. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                    X