Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Moorcockian T-Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorcockian T-Shirts

A while ago, somebody posted this on the BOC-L, I think http://www.zazzle.com/products/produ...218130&index=1 , a shirt with artwork from Hawkwind's Warrior on the Edge of Time LP, and this got me thinking about making some Moorcockian shirts.

So far, I've only had one made, with a scan of the NWF cover. It came out pretty good, though it looks kinda faded, maybe because the scan wasn't too clear or because I had it put on a black shirt (and Zazzle says dark shirts can cause probs with some designs).

I've two more Moorcocks, both just text: one says 'Veteran of the Psychic Wars' (with some lyrics on the back) and another that says 'Eternal Champion in Training,' and a few with Hawkwind LP covers.

I've not published the shirts, for sale through Zazzle, as the LP covers would be copyright infringement (against Zazzle's rules) and who would buy a text shirt, when one could make their own?

But, it got me thinking, ya know, lift an image or two out of the Image Hive, Mike's smiling face, put it on a shirt.

Or maybe the Miscellany logo, with one's site I.D. as well?
    Madness is always the best armor against Reality

There were a few good suggestions in this thread DeepFixer, I remembered it as soon as I read your topic title.

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=2483

I still reckon the idea has got legs. Not just JC but loads of Mike's characters.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

I'd forgotten about that thread.

The continuation of a Great Idea.

Perfect attire to wear to the premier of the Elric movie!

Comment

I'd be interested MM insprired Tshirts.
        I live in the UK however, do you ship to the UK?

Comment

Someething like this image

With text below it as follows:
          "Love is, never having to say you're sorry."

Maybe a bit twisted humor, but I found it a bit funny.

Comment

Of course - and I'm not an expert - but we'd probably (almost certainly) have to seek permission from the artist (Frank Brunner, iirc) to use the artwork in a commerical product, such as a t-shirt (even one that was sold at cost on a not-for-profit basis). IITC the original premise f the t-shirt thread was to use artwork created by members here. (Or am I thinking of a different thread?)
            _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
            _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
            _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
            _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

danskmacabre says...
              Someething like this image

With text below it as follows:
              "Love is, never having to say you're sorry."
              I just don't picture Elric in that kind of outfit. It looks to gladiatior like.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mythanian
                danskmacabre says...

I just don't picture Elric in that kind of outfit. It looks to gladiatior like.
                You're probably right, I don't remember reading him being described as wearing a couple of wide leather straps and no shirt etc.
                His clothes were garish though, bit not IMO, in that way.

Anyway, it doesn't have to be THAT specific image, just that scene would be most appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                  Of course - and I'm not an expert - but we'd probably (almost certainly) have to seek permission from the artist (Frank Brunner, iirc) to use the artwork in a commerical product, such as a t-shirt (even one that was sold at cost on a not-for-profit basis). IITC the original premise f the t-shirt thread was to use artwork created by members here. (Or am I thinking of a different thread?)
                  Yeah, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be worth the hassle of getting permission to use high profile images like that.
                  If such a tshirt run were to happen, it'd probably best to employ (or beg) the talents of some artistic person from this forum or whatever.

Comment

i used to have a bumpersticker that said "my other car steals souls". got a few beeps with that one

i think a shirt that said something along the lines of "eternal champion incarnation # 23158" would be sorta cool, or a VPW shirt with the american VFW cross logo on it. there's all kinds of possibilities.

any common logo with a moorcockian twist would be sweet. get a "pan" on here..

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?...uct=4300010393
                    http://lordonly.net lord only original progressive music

potential order without kinetic chaos becomes stagnant chaos.
                    potential chaos without kinetic order becomes static order.

Comment

Originally posted by danskmacabre
                      I'd be interested MM insprired Tshirts.
                      I live in the UK however, do you ship to the UK?
                      Oh, no, I'm not thinking of producing shirts. Not for mass sale, anyway.

The Warrior shirt I mentioned was done by someone else. The shirts I'm planning on making of are strictly for my own personal use.

The thread that Govenor mentioned had the idea of the Artists here making a design; I thought of taking out of the Image Hive.

Then it gets sent to Zazzle.com, who actually print the image on the shirt (or poster/mug, etc.)

Comment

I'd like a simple "logo" as some logos created by Matthews for Stormbringer.
                        If you wish I should try to create a new logo, for free of course, but only for us of MMMultiverse - if Mike is agreed obviously - and then David could tranform my logo in a vectorial image to be transferred on the T shirt.
                        If you like may be, asking to Ava Adore here, we could have her logo just created for us.
                        What do you think about?
                        Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Working...
                        X