Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Dopplegangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dopplegangers

They say everyone has a doppleganger or double somewhere in the world, and somewhat bizarrely I've found mine on the IMDb!

If you go to the entry for Mirrormask, you'll see these thumbnails*:

My god! That's me!! (Except I wear glasses.)

Even more spookily, Dave McKean has the same initials as me. He's also 5 years older then me, so either he looks very good for his age or I look very bad for mine.

*It's only the thumbnails that resemble me, when you look at the full-size photos you can see the differences between us.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 11-24-2006, 10:36 AM.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Do you really have as nasty a disposition as that which emulates from D. Mckean, David???
    I'll be more careful....Perhaps a little "eggwalking" is necessary in this instance ??

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
      Do you really have as nasty a disposition as that which emulates from D. Mckean, David???
      I'll be more careful....Perhaps a little "eggwalking" is necessary in this instance ??
      Well, the traditional concept of 'doppleganger' implies that the double is an evil counterpart to you, so if McKean is my doppleganger you can assume that I have a more cheery disposition.
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

You are quite young then aren't you David??
        I quite resembled Paul McCartney when I was in my prime,

I now have traits of Charles McCarthy from the ravages of time.

My veins are full of sawdust,
        And straws replaced my soul.
        The evil prankster Father Time,
        Laughs while I grow old.
        It’s not that I don’t hear you, as I look away and stare,
        It’s the callus of existence ...and a total loss of care.
        The world blurs by me everyday, with insatiable new speed,
        Perhaps one day we’ll pass ourselves with rush technology.
        Ballad of V.G.
        Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 11-24-2006, 06:13 AM.

Comment

You're adorable, David! Positively adorable!!
          Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness.
          -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

I was also surprised how young Dave looks.
            My post was an inner reflection.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
              I was also surprised how young Dave looks.
              My post was an inner reflection.
              As for you, VG... I can only imagine your doppleganger... oh my...

As for myself- never seen the like, not even close to how I look.
              -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Rose Posted:
                As for you, VG... I can only imagine your doppleganger... oh my...
                Oh..just your everyday...run of the mill, twisted, mutated, disembowelled, radioactive time-dwarf. He-He...but I have a dog.
                And furthermore...I have a hard enough time putting up with one of me and the problems he causes.

Comment

Yep, same here. In my case I think they decided a doppleganger might be a bit redundant...
                  -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

The doppleganger is supposed to be a bit twisted? I've always thought of myself as the evil twin...

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
                      You're adorable, David! Positively adorable!!
                      Well, that was the other fella, Rose.

This is the real me:

Comment

So you're a less mean Dave McKean!

Comment

Ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by David Mosley
                            Well, that was the other fella, Rose.
                            Now, David, I knew that. Though you did say "My god! That's me!! "
                            BTW, I hate repeating myself...
                            You're adorable!
                            And since you did, I'll post one of my doppleganger. Don't be deceived by her smile...
                            -Yousuf Karsh

Comment

Originally posted by Madrigal Rose
                              Don't be deceived by her smile...
                              Your Doppleganger certainly seems to be up to something...

Should we fear the cameras?

Comment

Working...
                              X