Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Scary stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary stuff...

I wouldn't post this if it were a lie, so please believe me!

I've just typed "final programme" into eBay.co.uk (United Kingdom only, titles and descriptions) and it came up with 666 matches!!!

I'm a little bit scared. Most of the matches were programmes for sports events, but still.

D...
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Here in San Diego
    there is a building numbered 666 near downtown.
    666 Upas Street. It's a multi-story apartment (flat)
    complex where I believe mosty elderly people inhabit.
    One time I went inside to buy a used scanner from an
    old lady there. It didn't work, and I never got the money
    back from her.

--Jer

Oh yeah. it's no big deal. Not as impressive as the
    666-looking scar that is in-between my butt-cheeks.
    I never noticed it until I looked in the mirror while I
    scratched an annoying itch there. :lol:
    \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
    Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Therein lies your mistake. You bought a scanner from an old lady. She probably used it as an ironing board or something.

Comment

Yes, McTalbayne. You may well be right on that! :lol:
        \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
        Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Im afraid to even think about what would happen should my Granny get a scanner. :lol:

Comment

More on Six Sixty Six

I have a "666 thing" in one of my old journals (It has Munch's "The Scream" on the cover.)...

On Fri. 6/7/1996 I went to the 7-11 close to my house. I went to the counter with two items: a 32 oz. Big Gulp, and a white bag containing a chocolate bar doughnut.

The asian youth behind the register punched it up. Then I said, "I also need gas-- five dollars on number four." And so he puched the register again.

"The total is six, sixty six ($6.66)."

I considered the possible significance of the occurence as I headed to my white Nissan Sentra parked beside gas pump 4. I smiled to myself. Is it good or bad? In my case-- it just might be a good day today! :)
            ====
            There was a small ditty in the San Diego Union Tribune on Sat. June 8, 1996:

Deep-sixing thoughts

The arrival of June 6-- the sixth day of the sixth month in a year ending with 6-- struck fear in the hearts of thousands of Colombian parents who believe the anti-christ will bear the number 6-6-6. So there was a run on baptisms.
            Here at home, Monica Zech [news caster] noticed Wednesday's winning Daily 3 lottery numbers were: 6-6-6. An eerie coincidence, maybe?

Comment

Working...
            X