Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Tower of Babel opens its doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower of Babel opens its doors

There's a new blog entry added:

Tower of Babel opens its doors

Moorcock's Miscellany is pleased to annouce a new development in its on-going history. In recognition of the fact that Mike has readers in many countries outside of the UK, US and other English-speaking nations we are launching a new forum - the Tower of Babel - where English will not be the primary language of choice.

We are beginning with just three of the many languages into which Mike's works are translated: French, German, Spanish, and we beg your indulgence if we don't at the moment do the same right now for Italian, Greek, Russian, Portuguese, etc. We may consider these in time if there is demand for additional languages. (We also need members fluent in these languages to moderate them as necessary.)

Please bear in mind that for the moment this is an experiment in opening up the site to readers for whom English is not their first language and who may be more comfortable discussing Mike's work in their own language. We're going to be learning what works and what doesn't by a process mainly of trial and error, but the experience gathered will also influence any decisions for (or against) further "linguistic expansionism".

Mike himself welcomes and supports this initiative very much. We look forward welcoming everyone who visits the Tower whatever their native tongue.
    Last edited by David Mosley; 09-25-2006, 04:51 AM.
    _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
    _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
    _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
    _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

"A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Fine ! thank you very much !

Comment

And we have a little space for italian Mike's friends too...
        Hieronymus

- Dalmatius -

"I'm forbidden to reign, but I'll never yield before the facts: I am the Cat"

Comment

Hi, if you need, I can moderate Russian part of Tower of Babel.
          If you interesting in - my e-mail is [email protected]

Comment

That's great! I mean, can you really expect everyone in the multiverse to speak English? Good job guys!

Comment

Working...
            X