Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

D.O.A. Bin Laden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.O.A. Bin Laden

Reuters Quote:
    PARIS - A French regional newspaper quoted a French secret service report on Saturday as saying that Saudi Arabia is convinced that al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden died of typhoid in Pakistan last month.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14963302/
    Im sure that Bin Laden was acting as more of a figurehead than a General of Jihad in his latter days. A positive note in all of this is that he didnt die in battle and achieve martyr status. I wonder who will replace him in his crusade against the West?
    Al-Zawahiri??

(Considering that these are actually true facts)
    Last edited by voilodian ghagnasdiak; 09-23-2006, 06:02 AM.

I heard this on the news this morning. I'm waiting for a body before I consider his end. This will be problematic, though, as the Bush administration is holding it until just before the November elections...

Comment

Don' t sell the skin of the bear before he is seen dead !

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Kane
        Don' t sell the skin of the bear before he is seen dead !
        Couldn't have said it better myself.
        My signature is

Comment

We can always hope.
          Miqque
          ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

BBC News
            President Jacques Chirac has ordered an inquiry into the leak of a French secret service memo claiming that Osama Bin Laden had died.
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5374160.stm
            This saga just keeps getting more and more bizarre.
            The hunt for BL and his elusiveness could be compared to a fusion between The Most Dangerous Game and Where's Waldo?

Im sure that some form of closure would be appreciated by all.

Comment

Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
              Im sure that some form of closure would be appreciated by all.
              But isn't Al-Qaeda less a movement and more a collective of loosely organised vested interests? Bin Laden seems happy to act as a figurehead but I'm not sure Al-Qaeda will fall apart upon his death. In fact, his death could be the best/worst thing because it would deprive the West of an easily identifable figure of hate.
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Dave M. Wrote:
                But isn't Al-Qaeda less a movement and more a collective of loosely organised vested interests?
                Yes Dave...I guess that it would be more accurate to say that Al-Queda opened the door and cleared the path for the actual movement.
                The loss of BL will definitely not be the end of AQ. Perhaps Al-Zawahiri will take the helm.

Comment

Despite the fervent denials, journalist Laid Sammari, who wrote the article, said in a telephone interview that he was confident the classified document was authentic. His article states that Saudi secret service agents on September 4 received reports of bin Laden's death.
                  Saudi officials plan to make an official announcement after they confirm the burial site for the al Qaeda leader, Sammari said.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe...den/index.html
                  As the plot thickens, I wish they'd sh*t or get off the pot!

Comment

Working...
                  X