Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Story Behind the Budapest Riots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Story Behind the Budapest Riots

So Mike, Oona Von B, sometimes known as Una Persson, arrives in Budapest and all of a sudden, on the very same day, the biggest riots since the end of communism break out here, accompanied by incessant rain.

A coincidence? Let me be the first to doubt it, especially considering Una's previous adventures and entanglements in Eastern Europe! I think there's a story to be told here... I'll be happy to hear it.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe...ots/index.html

Has she got the situation under control by now?
    Google ergo sum

Comment

When I met wonderful Oona on Wednesday night she assured me she had had nothing to do with the proceedings in the Hungarian capital. While I naturally believed the impeccable fraulein, her cigarillo-smoking guardian, who introduced himself only as "Sascha" (a scion of the von Mincts perhaps?), eyed me quite suspiciously the entire time and so I refrained from inquiring any further into the subject. I won't be surprised if his previous destination had been Thailand, masterminding a certain coup d'état... A nice fellow nevertheless, and a talented karting driver to boot as the rumor goes. A very memorable evening altogether. Oona was kind enough to sign a certain book in which she plays a major role. I hope to meet the couple again next year, as well as the other parts of the family.

Comment

Working...
      X