Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

a new personal helicopter! (single pilot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a new personal helicopter! (single pilot)

sci-fi.com wrote:
    Jetpack, schmetpack. Rather than waiting around for a sci-fi fantasy like a jetpack to become available, you could be flying around now in your very own personal helicopter. Yep, Japan's Gene Corporation is currently selling the GEN H-4, an open-air helicopter built for one. With controls and a seat that resemble those of a bicycle, the designers claim the flying machine is easy to use and can be mastered after a mere two hours of practice. Yep, after just two hours of learning to fly you can be tooling around at up to 3,280 feet high at speeds of up to 60 MPH. Yikes. Well, while the risk of smashing yourself into the side of a skyscraper is just as high, at least your chances of exploding are less than if you use a jetpack. You can risk life and limb now with the GEN H-4 for the low, low price of $30,000. — Adam Frucci
    http://blog.scifi.com/tech/archives/...al_helico.html

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

The reason jet-packs never really, er, took off was because they could only hold enough fuel for about 30 seconds of flight. I wonder what the fuel capacity is on this thing? Hate to run out of fuel at three-thousand feet!
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
      I wonder what the fuel capacity is on this thing? Hate to run out of fuel at three-thousand feet!
      That's a damn scary prospect! Or if one of the counter rotating rotors breaks in transit you could end up getting very dizzy.

I think I'd feel safer ballooning, probably cheaper too.

But I could see how a lot of people out there would love to have a go in one of these gadgets.
      Last edited by Grey Mouser; 08-30-2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

hehe dangerous stuff!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Looks ok but I might wait for them to release the family sized, personalised Granbretan Ornithopter.

and over in the big black booth near the edge of the fairground, the last band is playing...

Comment

Don't get stuck on the roof if someone else has the key to the petrol!
            Miqque
            ... just another sailor on the seas of Fate, dogpaddling desperately ...

Comment

Originally posted by Miqque
              Don't get stuck on the roof if someone else has the key to the petrol!

haha! ya!

-and they might want to remember to install the bug shield on that thing too!

I suppose if you wear one of the Granbretan Masks, it would be alright. ;)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
              X