Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Breakfast in the Ruins podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Navigator View Post
    I enjoy the podcast. Sometimes it is just nice to share my sonic space with fellow travelers of The Moonbeam Roads. It seems there are quite a few of us who Mike has touched and inspired. It is difficult seeing so much fantasy that is influenced by his imagination that never pays homage to the man himself. To me it is a little comfort knowing that there are a few of us who understand and appreciate the role he has played in the progression of the collective imagination.

I truly enjoy listening as others connect and reconnect with these books and characters.
    It’s amazing how generous Mike is about his massive contributions. As he has said many times, he took a little out of the pot that was there and tried to put some back in. What a massive understatement about his contributions to literature. Even more of an understatement about his contributions to imaginations.

Leave a comment:

• Navigator
    replied
    I enjoy the podcast. Sometimes it is just nice to share my sonic space with fellow travelers of The Moonbeam Roads. It seems there are quite a few of us who Mike has touched and inspired. It is difficult seeing so much fantasy that is influenced by his imagination that never pays homage to the man himself. To me it is a little comfort knowing that there are a few of us who understand and appreciate the role he has played in the progression of the collective imagination.

I truly enjoy listening as others connect and reconnect with these books and characters.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Murphy
    replied
    Yup - very enjoyable. Exactly the right mix of affection and irreverence

Leave a comment:

• Heresiologist
    replied
    I've contacted him via Goodreads (where he's Multiverse--Michael Moorcock forum member Stimbot5000) about this post.

He tried joining back in February but was tripped up by a broken validation link. Hopefully, those technical difficulties will soon get sorted.

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    I’ve been pards with them on twitter for a year now. We chat a bit and I’m hoping to meet up down the road. It’s an amazing podcast. But... language. I can’t listen to it around my 7 yrOld.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Breakfast in the Ruins, is a very good site, with some nice reviews of Mike's work & related stuff. 👍

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Thanks! I’ll have to check that out. I had no idea.

Leave a comment:

• Navigator
    started a topic Breakfast in the Ruins podcast

Breakfast in the Ruins podcast

I haven’t see any mention of the podcast here. It is a Moorcock podcast that I have been enjoying lately. Has anyone else been listening? Some good discussions and quite a few laughs.
Working...
X