Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

2020 sucks because:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc
    replied
    RBG. National crisis time.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Hurricane clean-up. If I see another downed branch I’m going to melt down.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Five hurricanes in the Atlantic because of warmer waters (including one making landfall on the U.S. Gulf coast today or tomorrow) and the U.S. west coast on fire because of drought, yet a significant portion of the U.S. population still doesn’t believe the science on climate change.

That’s a three for one post. 🙄

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
    Interesting article over on, The Atlantic, website, an anecdotal tale about increased clumsiness in the age of Trump & Covid_19. It seems that the Age of Entropy, foretold, by Mike, Brian Aldiss, J.G. Ballard & others in, New Worlds, back in the 1960s, is now fully upon us.
    I would guess that the late greats and Mike wish they hadn’t been so prescient.

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc View Post
    Chadwick Boseman RIP.

2020 just keeps sucking.
    Indeed. Went to see, Black Panther, with oldest daughter, so she app'd me yesterday morning to tell me about Boseman, although I'd already read about his dying, online. We both thoroughly enjoyed the movie. To realise that he'd made it & several other movies whilst being treated for cancer, undergoing surgery and chemo, just boggles me. What an actor, what a guy!

Leave a comment:

• Pietro_Mercurios
    replied
    Interesting article over on, The Atlantic, website, an anecdotal tale about increased clumsiness in the age of Trump & Covid_19. It seems that the Age of Entropy, foretold, by Mike, Brian Aldiss, J.G. Ballard & others in, New Worlds, back in the 1960s, is now fully upon us.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Chadwick Boseman RIP.

2020 just keeps sucking.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    People who wear masks, but don’t actually cover their mouth and nose. And do so defiantly.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
    So far off topic that it’s the opposite, but still relayed in that it took until August 20th to find out....

... my daughter gets to go to Second Grade!! 🎉🎊
    Such great news! Good parenting may have something to do with her success. 🙂

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    So far off topic that it’s the opposite, but still relayed in that it took until August 20th to find out....

... my daughter gets to go to Second Grade!! 🎉🎊

I haven’t even told my parents yet. But I love my dearest friends and mukhamirs on the moonbeam Roads so I’ll tell you first. This has been my biggest stress since March when they shut the schools down. I’ve had no life, working and homeschooling since the quarantine you try to get her caught up with her class. Private tutoring....

they still need to finish testing her for a learning disability. I suspect she’s dyslexic. But she’s made sufficient progress that she gets to stay with her second grade class.

and now if you’ll excuse me, there’s clearly a lot of dust in the air as my eyes are clearly watering from that

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc View Post
    Trying to interpret the facial expressions of people wearing masks.
    Geeze yes. You smile at someone as they walk by, but they just see you being all squinty eyed. It’s freaky.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Trying to interpret the facial expressions of people wearing masks.

Leave a comment:

• J-Sun
    replied
    18) We still owe taxes, but the government can’t be bothered to open up enough offices to give us our tax refunds.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Navigator View Post
    I feel #14 the most. I miss live shows. I understand the education side of the circumstances from my wife who teaches kindergarten, but my children are grown.
    I miss live shows. My son and I share a love of metal. We saw Devin Townsend in March a few days before everything shut down. I had tickets to see King’s X one night and Monster Magnet the next night in April but it didn’t happen.
    I have friends that are roadies and sound techs who are out of work. I fear many privately owned venues will be forced to shut down. Yeah 2020 is quite a bummer.
    Good luck to your wife as schools reopen.

And I hope the smaller venues stay open for you and your son to see shows for many more years. The tech people have really been hit hard.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin McCabe View Post
    Pales next to kids and economics, but
    17) uncertainty as to the coming elections
    All of the uncertainty about the elections makes me anxious because of kids and economics. I really feel like the future is at stake. I worry about the world today’s kids (especially my own) will grow up in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X