Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

2020 sucks because:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far off topic that it’s the opposite, but still relayed in that it took until August 20th to find out....

... my daughter gets to go to Second Grade!! 🎉🎊

I haven’t even told my parents yet. But I love my dearest friends and mukhamirs on the moonbeam Roads so I’ll tell you first. This has been my biggest stress since March when they shut the schools down. I’ve had no life, working and homeschooling since the quarantine you try to get her caught up with her class. Private tutoring....

they still need to finish testing her for a learning disability. I suspect she’s dyslexic. But she’s made sufficient progress that she gets to stay with her second grade class.

and now if you’ll excuse me, there’s clearly a lot of dust in the air as my eyes are clearly watering from that
    "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
    --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Originally posted by J-Sun View Post
      So far off topic that it’s the opposite, but still relayed in that it took until August 20th to find out....

... my daughter gets to go to Second Grade!! 🎉🎊
      Such great news! Good parenting may have something to do with her success. 🙂

Comment

People who wear masks, but don’t actually cover their mouth and nose. And do so defiantly.

Comment

Chadwick Boseman RIP.

2020 just keeps sucking.

Comment

Interesting article over on, The Atlantic, website, an anecdotal tale about increased clumsiness in the age of Trump & Covid_19. It seems that the Age of Entropy, foretold, by Mike, Brian Aldiss, J.G. Ballard & others in, New Worlds, back in the 1960s, is now fully upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
              Chadwick Boseman RIP.

2020 just keeps sucking.
              Indeed. Went to see, Black Panther, with oldest daughter, so she app'd me yesterday morning to tell me about Boseman, although I'd already read about his dying, online. We both thoroughly enjoyed the movie. To realise that he'd made it & several other movies whilst being treated for cancer, undergoing surgery and chemo, just boggles me. What an actor, what a guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
                Interesting article over on, The Atlantic, website, an anecdotal tale about increased clumsiness in the age of Trump & Covid_19. It seems that the Age of Entropy, foretold, by Mike, Brian Aldiss, J.G. Ballard & others in, New Worlds, back in the 1960s, is now fully upon us.
                I would guess that the late greats and Mike wish they hadn’t been so prescient.

Comment

Five hurricanes in the Atlantic because of warmer waters (including one making landfall on the U.S. Gulf coast today or tomorrow) and the U.S. west coast on fire because of drought, yet a significant portion of the U.S. population still doesn’t believe the science on climate change.

That’s a three for one post. 🙄

Comment

Hurricane clean-up. If I see another downed branch I’m going to melt down.

Comment

RBG. National crisis time.

Comment

Well, I voted this morning. I knew what to expect but it still didn't prepare me for the disgust and dread I felt just looking at the ballot. Never in my adult life have I been faced with such dissatisfaction with our electoral system. Only our state Representative and State Senate Offices had vote-worthy candidates. All other offices were seething pits of ineptitude.

So, 2020 Sucks Because...we (the U.S.) have been forced to act on idiocy.
                        "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                        --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
                        X