Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Joys of political correctness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a fundamental difference between disliking PIV sex and calling it "rape".
    "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
    "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

When James Gunn was fired by making jokes

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/20/1...mike-cernovich

But thank God he was called back

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-g...es-1202576444/
      "From time to time I demonstrate the inconceivable, or mock the innocent, or give truth to liars, or shred the poses of virtue.(...) Now I am silent; this is my mood." From Sundrun's Garden, Jack Vance.
      "As the Greeks have created the Olympus based upon their own image and resemblance, we have created Gotham City and Metropolis and all these galaxies so similar to the corporate world, manipulative, ruthless and well paid, that conceived them." Braulio Tavares.

Comment

Beatles , a satanic band ?

https://www.traditioninaction.org/bk...onProphecy.htm

Comment

Judas Priest has been accused of inducing some kids to commit suicide

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ks-back-57552/

Comment

For some reason I always thought the PMRC came from the Republicans, but I only later knew that she is the wife of Al Gore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parent...esource_Center

Comment

https://metalheadzone.com/iron-maide...-satanic-band/

This is fun. I have a friend ( he is a religious "in his 70s retired old" fellow ) once asked me if I was into Iron Maiden because he said they were satanic. I said yes and that all that is bs of course. He looked me puzzled and I laughed again.

Comment

Brazilian cosmetics brand Boticario ( with a long list of PC events ) will not use the term "Black Friday" from now on.

https://oglobo.globo.com/economia/o-...termo-24666935

I wonder if Soundgarden will change the name of the song Black Hole Sun, or Astrophysics will change the term black hole, or Black metal will be changed to something more PC, or Black Sabbath. Sky's is a limit for PC creativity.

Comment

Agree or not with Larry Correia or Brad Torgensen ( their aims have been extremely misinterpreted ) this is an excellent article written by Brad when he was called racist.

https://bradrtorgersen.wordpress.com...t-living-room/

His wife is black by the way. And no, unlike many of his detractors think, being married to a black woman does make him "a non-racist".

Comment

Extreme left web site intercept has an interesting article about right-wing PCI.
                    https://theintercept.com/2020/07/18/...oying-america/

Comment

Ok more big lists

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ulous-moments/

My favorite ones:
                      Berkeley students claimed they did not have enough “privilege” to take their exam in class.
                      Expecting people to be on time was declared “culturally insensitive.”

Comment

Just found the 2018 version

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...rrect-moments/

My favorites
                        The University of Connecticut offered counseling to students upset at ‘even the thought of’ a Ben Shapiro speech.
                        The phrase ‘long time no see’ was reportedly declared to be ‘derogatory’ towards Asians.
                        A bathing-suit ad was declared ‘sexist’ because it depicted a woman in a bathing suit.

Comment

A Brazilian black woman has not been approved for a public working contest under the racial quotas because she was beautiful and as she " does not look like a black woman", she won't have problems with racism if she attempted to try the non-quotas places.

https://g1.globo.com/df/distrito-fed...ca-do-df.ghtml

In other words, it is undoubtedly inferred from such an argument that, because she [the candidate] is a beautiful woman and does not present the anatomies 'identified with blacks' (curly hair, extremely accentuated nose and lips, evidenced black skin color) discrimination, although black / brown, and therefore should be excluded from the event by the quota system.

Comment

You know that some of this stuff is probably just made up?

Quite possibly by someone or something, with an agenda...

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro_Mercurios View Post
                              You know that some of this stuff is probably just made up?

Quite possibly by someone or something, with an agenda...
                              None of the reported here is I checked it.

Comment

An example of PC-ism is that when right-wing cases are reported here, they are immediately liked unlike the so-called left-wings

Comment

Working...
                                X